what is the crack with

livemit

sacred mother tongue, i didnt get the chance to go to monkeyfest this year due to gigs of my own, hopefully next year i will be able to make it. but anyway im just wondering what smt did, as people really didnt seem to like them, cheers/

The sound guy sort of messed it up in my opinion, the levels were all wrong. Couldnt hear the vocals or guitar, the bass and drums were way too loud. That's what spoiled it for me anyway.

DrKarnivore

Browsing your web and SMS history
Staff member
The sound guy sort of messed it up in my opinion, the levels were all wrong. Couldnt hear the vocals or guitar, the bass and drums were way too loud. That's what spoiled it for me anyway.
I couldn`t hear our vocals or drums either.........

I think it was common across all the bands to be honest!

digitalscream

The sound guy was no better or worse for SMT than for any of the other bands - the problem was that they just seemed to be running their backline much harder than everybody else, to the point where it was significantly uncomfortable being in the room.

Madarfi

Yep...they were loud. Usually, loud = good in my opinion, but in this instance it was overwhelmingly painful. I managed one song and had to leave. Twas a shame.

Adji

Not Enough Prog
I honestly thought they were rally boring, but then I'm not a fan of Andy James' playing in general. No denying he is a beast though.

Wire_n_Wood

Part-time Superhero
I like SMT in general and I worship Andy's playing, but after seeing Godsized the night had kinda ended for me. I was blown away by how SMT could make as much noise as Godsized with just one guitar! I felt pretty beaten after a whole day though and went to sleep, missing the shenanigans that followed :(

Darfuria

Staff member
I like SMT in general and I worship Andy's playing, but after seeing Godsized the night had kinda ended for me. I was blown away by how SMT could make as much noise as Godsized with just one guitar! I felt pretty beaten after a whole day though and went to sleep, missing the shenanigans that followed :(
Rule #1 of MonkeyFest - never go to sleep.

Zaphod65

Si7h Apprentice
I actually really liked SMT but then I've seen them before, I'm a massive fan of Andy and I'm also a massive metal fan. I think the main problem really was that they're not everyone's cup of tea, musically.

As for those complaining about the volume... ear plugs, people :p

sted

Darth Sted
Staff member
They were very good bu my face had started to contort from the volume level so I listened to them from the shred foyer instead! ;)

ten-foot-tryptych

half rock, half gas
Well I couldn't get off to sleep that night, an almighty racket was wafting over the pacific and no-one knew what it was. Some said it thundered, others said it was my bowel trouble... but now I know... it was SMT ;)