Time for another forum jam?

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
I was just thinking about this, a couple days ago...
We have some newer folks that might want in, and some folks that have been around who might still be up for it.
I'd try to contribute, now that things are more "stable" in the world of my recording setup.

Cool, does anybody have an idea about a backing track? The bluesy ones seemed to get the most contributions in the past, so something like that would probably be best to kick us off again.

In case any new members don't know what we're talking about, here's a link to the last forum jam video...

I also have a playlist that includes all of the forum jams so far:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLe7SMwjhIwWb-dstXmLv__cD-j2wSIFe1

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
Cool, does anybody have an idea about a backing track? The bluesy ones seemed to get the most contributions in the past, so something like that would probably be best to kick us off again.

In case any new members don't know what we're talking about, here's a link to the last forum jam video...

I also have a playlist that includes all of the forum jams so far:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLe7SMwjhIwWb-dstXmLv__cD-j2wSIFe1
*raises hand*
I... I like blues.
I can do other things... sometimes...

*edit*
Maybe when I get my cheap electronic drum abilities up to par, I'll make a drum loop, then combine it with my guitar looper and make a backing track, eh? EH? Eugh... Probably not.

mirage2101

oooh! I need to hook up the kemper to my audio interface.. It'll be interesting to see how that turns out since I'm playing without cab sim normally. I'll look for some backing tracks tonight or tomorrow.

I have this kickass porcupine tree badcat profile I've been meaning to try.

mirage2101

I purposely didn't look for blues but I think something nice could be done with these.

So a bit of a curveball.. The challenge here would be not to follow the original too much but to try to get something original.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
Even after all these years, I still am unable to play lead guitar over a backing track, so I can take part in something like this :(

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
Even after all these years, I still am unable to play lead guitar over a backing track, so I can take part in something like this :(
What's the main problem that prevents you? (if it's not a super-complicated reason, involving a long response that you don't wish to get into)

Also, I'm pleased with the amount of willing potential participants, but I still don't know what track I would be able to play to, heh.

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
I'm happy to see that there are a good number of people who are keen to take part - I will also perhaps check previous jams and shout out to some of the other members who have contributed in the past (like @johnniegoat and @bad alice ).

Any thoughts on a deadline? End of December? Mid January?
Hmm... Ring in a fresh year with a fresh jam, or make sure we knock one out before this year ends?
I feel like the new year, new jam deadline has a better chance of landing a hit, honestly, but we DO have a month (albeit, a busy month, for most people) before this year ends, so it's possible we could work that out, too, assuming we figure out what track we want before Christmas, heh.