The 'What's your latest purchase' thread (or 'I'm a shameless consumer')

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
So just to liven up the place a bit. We all like to show off what we bought. It doesn't have to be gear related. Just anything you think is worth mentioning. See it as a fun game. I'll get us started:

Along with tickets to go see Devin Townsend's Empath tour in November, I also bought his Biography. If there's one thing I learned with this guy is go see him when he comes and buy his shit if you want it immediately. You never know when he changes his minds and you can't see or buy it anymore. I skipped the last Devin Townsend Project show on the Transcendence tour and shortly after he disbanded the group.

9781906615932.jpg

It's so refreshing to hear of a fellow Dutchman who also buys cd's. At work everybody thinks I'm nuts and say I should just get spotify.
I feel you! I even get laughed at by people three times my age. I just like the art, the book, the physical ownership and the fact I won’t ever ‘lose’ ‘my’ music...! :)

This hobby started when my dad bought me a couple of CDs for Sinterklaas. Ever since I started building my own collection, much like my parents have their Vinyl and CDs!

beans & rice

@Tankman that book cover is killer. I'll have to pick up a copy. Devin is an entertaining mofo whatever form or format he takes. :D

Add me to the "I still buy CDs" camp. I much prefer a physical copy of something.
Speaking of which, I (re)bought a used copy of Psychefunkapus' "Skin" CD. I've gotten in the mode of picking up CDs that I used to have and love, that somehow either disappeared or were cast off over the years.

Aside from that, just picked up some toys and geek shit that feeds my inner 10 year old. :bounce:

beans & rice

Oh, these are coming. I preordered them and they went to my Pile of Loot, but I decided to ship them today since I probably won't be buying anything from BBTS for 90 days to bundle together with them. Too much guitar-related stuff to gather now. :)

policefunko.jpg

Like the Prince Funko, I'm not likely to see a more realistic figure of him, or The Police, so these will have to do.

Chu

So just to liven up the place a bit. We all like to show off what we bought. It doesn't have to be gear related. Just anything you think is worth mentioning. See it as a fun game. I'll get us started:

Along with tickets to go see Devin Townsend's Empath tour in November, I also bought his Biography. If there's one thing I learned with this guy is go see him when he comes and buy his shit if you want it immediately. You never know when he changes his minds and you can't see or buy it anymore. I skipped the last Devin Townsend Project show on the Transcendence tour and shortly after he disbanded the group.

View attachment 37091
Yep. Had the pleasure of Casualties of Cool, Ziltoid at the Royal Albert Hall and the entirety of Ocean Machine in Hammersmith. As you say, you never know when it's the last chance to see something.

Plus, my name is in the book credits...... :cool:

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Yep. Had the pleasure of Casualties of Cool, Ziltoid at the Royal Albert Hall and the entirety of Ocean Machine in Hammersmith. As you say, you never know when it's the last chance to see something.

Plus, my name is in the book credits...... :cool:
Awesome! Tell me more!

beans & rice

Got rid of some old things and replaced our iPad 2s from 2011 with a couple of the newer 32GB ones that were on sale this week.
Didn't know it came with Garage Band installed. That's fun! :D Our iOS updates stopped at version 9.something, so we couldn't add a lot of new apps or update some of what we like best.

So far I've figured out that the voice memo recorder that comes installed, turns off the external microphone and records the guitar cleanly amplified if it's plugged in with the iRig. So that way I can record ideas and they're not just quiet acoustic, barely-audible messes like when I use my phone sometimes. That's handy!

The looper in Garage Band is fairly intuitive and I was able to import a loop into JamUp and work with it there.

Flux:FX doesn't bog and crash this one. :bounce: Obviously, everything runs much faster and cleaner.