*The* Pedalboard Thread

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
@Wade Garrett Pedalboards are never finished...:D

Besides rearranging the expression pedal to the left of the HX, mine has been te same for a few months now. I can see myself switching out the tuner for the D'Addario pedaltuner. I like the screen on that one, but I'd have to find a really good deal on it. Other than that, still happy.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
@Wade Garrett Pedalboards are never finished...:D

Besides rearranging the expression pedal to the left of the HX, mine has been te same for a few months now. I can see myself switching out the tuner for the D'Addario pedaltuner. I like the screen on that one, but I'd have to find a really good deal on it. Other than that, still happy.
Very true, I'm already thinking that I'm not feeling the Marshall Reverb that much!

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Dunno yet, I don't really use it on my distorted sound but I found it pleasant on clean. I'll play about with what I have for a bit so I can figure out what I want.
You can never go wrong with something that can do everything, like a TC Hall Of Fame, but I've found, in the end, I just use 1 sound. Then I might as well find a pedal that does that one sound best. Just a tip, for when you go shopping.

Baggy

The best reverb I've owned has to be the strymon flint on the 70's setting. But the hall of fame 2 plate sound was very good too and a lot cheaper. The holy grail by ehx gets plenty of good praise but I've never owned one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AndyBirger

Fuzz is all you need
EQD Afterneath!

I don’t have one, and don’t know what they sound like, but I’m infatuated with the name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tried one in store, and it was lovely. Really big, ambient cave-esque reverb that was stellar on clean tones. Sadly, I wasn't convinced that my Sheriff could handle such a massive reverb.

Hey guys! I'm in need for some oppinions or advices so woul really appreciate your help!

I'm looking to expand my small pedal park a bit to give my rig more flexibility. My Randall rd20 head does good job on cleans and high gain stuff but the past nearly three years since I own it, I missed something for more vintage and hard rock stuff. So on for a plexi style pedal and I have three candidates: Ramble FX Marvel Drive, Xotic SL Drive and Tech21 Hot Rod Plexi. What would you suggest out of this three? They also indicate the money ballpark which I'm moving in and would consider ued options too... thanks for your help in advance!

johnniegoat

Stop, don’t, come back.
i forgot the Friedman pedals - they should get close, though very hi gain

or the Charlie Brown by JHS - vintage marshal, v's the Angry Charlie JCM style. or 2 in 1 it with an Angry Driver

Carl Martin make a great plexi pedal

and the Guv'nor - that JHS based the Charlie pedals on. not as clean or hi spec as modern pedals , but the original amp in a box and the start of the boutique pedal world

if you want cheap n not-nasty, the Tone City Golden Plexi is good; a 2nd hand Danelectro Daddio is a Guv'nor circuit without the Guv'nor price tag

other end of the scale - go hog wild with the Victory Sheriff preamp