the g.a.s thread.

Baggy

If that is a USA model, do it!

If it’s a Korean and the price is right, do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love your pilsen I'm sure I've told you that before, yours and Ryan's padauk idol. The USA idols are somewhat rare here in the UK. Its deffinately on my list to get, I not long ago sold my flying v for financial reasons, missed it like shit sold all my pedals that where worth anything just so I could buy it back lol. So pedal board require attention first, then one will be mine, yes it will be mine

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

JayXanderB

Superstrat Superstar
That would seem to be an issue with the warlock. PRS have used wraparound bridges for decades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's the variation of the bridge, prs has a well-compensated bridge, the Warlock (and danelectro guitars) that use the cheap copy of the Leo Quan Badass wraparound ruin it.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
A while back Jim Root mentioned on Instagram that he was planning to release his White Jazzmaster with Fender this year with his new signature EMG Retroactive pickups. Eversince I have had GAS for that guitar. Can you even have GAS for a guitar that doesn't exist (yet) outside of the custom models Jim himself owns?

I do hope it will be MIM so it's a bit more affordable, but I'm afraid it will be US made. Then I might try and seek out the white Tele for a good deal. Or have a luthier build the Jazzmaster for me with adjustments to my taste....hmmm

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
I am telling myself what a horrible idea it would be to get my grubby hands on one of these. Strat mid and split on the bridge, a veritable cornucopia of tone. Unfortunately there isn't one in either location in town to try.

View attachment 36816
Not to make it more difficult or anything, but... my friend who usually HATES telecasters (both in looks and feel), saw a beautiful trans-black/charcoal Nashville Tele in Guitar Center, when we last went, and I made him play it (and of course, I played it), and it had a nice-feeling, thinner neck, with just enough of an arch to be comfortable, and he was in love. AND it was budget-friendly enough to make him nearly cry, cause he had his heart set on an Ibanez, and made himself put the Tele back, and delay his purchase.
They are great sounding/feeling guitars (I almost bought it...).

Last edited:
Not to make it more difficult or anything, but... my friend who usually HATES telecasters (both in looks and feel), saw a beautiful trans-black/charcoal Nashville Tele in Guitar, when we last went, and I made him play it (and of course, I played it), and it had a nice-feeling, thinner neck, with just enough of an arch to be comfortable, and he was in love. AND it was budget-friendly enough to make him nearly cry, cause he had his heart set on an Ibanez, and made himself put the Tele back, and delay his purchase.
They are great sounding/feeling guitars (I almost bought it...).
A couple hours after I posted about it, someone put a 2016 model on Reverb for $300 delivered. I almost pulled the trigger three, or a million, times, but couldn't really justify it. It's still listed today and has 3 offers. I'm willing to pay what they're asking, but I still don't know if I should. It has a small chunk taken out of the bottom on the back bottom edge, and it's been heavily gigged but looks great otherwise. So a lot of the kinks might well be worked out.

Damn...