Supplies drying up in Canada

ShredRex5150

Hey all....was hoping to snag a deal on a ML3 Pro Modern over boxing week....but looks like chapman guitars are being discontinued in Canada? I bought my ML3 Pro Traditional through Cosmo Music, and they do have sales prices on all models, but I was told the guitars are not available for order and the one I was wanted in particular, the ML3 Pro Modern in dark cherry, was no longer available. Several other ML1 models show discontinued. Are supplied drying up elsewhere or we losing the 2 distributors we have here in Canada?

I was also really hoping to get my hands on of the ML3 Pro semi hollow obsidian burst...but again not available in Canada.

Super shitty if I can't get anymore. Anyone have some info?

ScutMonkey

Hey all....was hoping to snag a deal on a ML3 Pro Modern over boxing week....but looks like chapman guitars are being discontinued in Canada? I bought my ML3 Pro Traditional through Cosmo Music, and they do have sales prices on all models, but I was told the guitars are not available for order and the one I was wanted in particular, the ML3 Pro Modern in dark cherry, was no longer available. Several other ML1 models show discontinued. Are supplied drying up elsewhere or we losing the 2 distributors we have here in Canada?

I was also really hoping to get my hands on of the ML3 Pro semi hollow obsidian burst...but again not available in Canada.

Super shitty if I can't get anymore. Anyone have some info?
They build in bulk quantities and they ship them out at once, so if they sell out of a model, they have to wait until the next order comes in. If Cosmo is saying discontinued, it's more likely Cosmo doesn't want to sell that particular model. However, there might be news at NAMM in a few weeks that models are being discontinued. We'll see.

The semi-hollows were a Guitar Center exclusive until after the holidays and then all dealers could put in orders for them. Who knows when those will start shipping out.

Brad_A

I had the ML3 Bea signature on order from Cosmo music for a good sale price. They initially told me they were expecting a shipment in December. I got a call last week and they told me they are no longer selling Chapman guitars goin forward. So they had to cancel my order and they are selling off all their current Chapman inventory for something like 25% off. I’m not sure what’s going on with the other Canadian retailer though. I only know Cosmo won’t be Chapman dealers any more. Great sale prices though if you want an I stock Chapman at a killer price. I picked up the Rabea Baritone for about $500 off !

ShredRex5150

Hey Brad yeah that was what I figured with Cosmo. They would not answer my emails on possible orders, just confirming current stock that is showing as listed as door crasher boxing week sales. Guess I will have to decide if I wanna pull the trigger on something just to have it....lord knows if there will be any more Chapman's in Canada anytime soon.

Brad_A

I think Guitarworks in Alberta got a shipment in early December. Are they still going to be Chapman dealers? Or have you heard anything? I was really disappointed when Cosmo canceled my ML3 Bea. They also have a really nice ML2 Pro with an amazing maple top grain. I’ve listen an LTD eclipse and an ML1-Pro Modern on reverb to see if I can make up funds to take advantage of the clearance sale.

ShredRex5150

Guitar works doesn't have the ML3 Pro Modern in dark cherry I was looking for. I have heard cosmo was looking to rid themselves of the Chapman stock, and they aren't ordering more from what I have been told. I mean you aren't going to sell many Chapman's with them hidden in the back by the basses. May grab one of them on sale there are few I wouldn't mind having at a discounted price. Who knows maybe there is a new distribution deal in the works with Long & McQuade....

ShredRex5150

As I was typing my last reply....cosmo emailed me back and confirmed they are no longer representing Chapman Guitars and can no longer order through them. So what they got will be liquidated and done.

Brad_A

I don’t know how I feel about a big chain store here getting Chapman. It may make them easier to get country-wide, but I don’t know about the customer service aspect.

ShredRex5150

Honestly as much as I like cosmo...their customer service isn't any better than my local L&M. Sadly I don't find customer service to be the strong suit of any music stores anymore. Aside from warranty if required. I normally buy online after I do my own research etc anyways, mods and setup etc I would rather do myself, most stores don't have very qualified people doing the so called setups and repairs, but that is just me

Brad_A

Good point. It’s easier to learn your own tweaking/modding/setups thanks to endless internet tutorials. As long as the guitar is a good solid build, nothing to worry about.

ShredRex5150

Exactly. The ML3 Pro traditional I have was a great guitar to tweak and get where I wanted. I knew when I bought it I was gonna be changing pups and rewiring etc. I was really hoping the ML3 Pro Modern would just be great out of the box....guess I will never know now

Brad_A

Some day..... in my experience, any of
The Chapman Pro or signature stuff is great quality to work with. I suppose with the ML3 traditional you could put in a mini Humbucker and get the best of Modern and Traditional.

ShredRex5150

The Pro Traditional is a killer guitar, after getting that one I fell in love with stainless steel frets and converted all of my guitars to stainless. I ended up settling on Seymour Duncan hotrails in it, wired to a single 500k push/pull volume for splits. A great guitar.

Are supplied drying up elsewhere or we losing the 2 distributors we have here in Canada?
Cosmo hasn't been a Chapman dealer very long in comparison to Guitarworks. I think it's a bit presumptuous to assume that because one dealer is no longer selling a product that other companies would also discontinue the product. I truly hope guitarworks stays a Chapman dealer as I've bought a Chapman though them before and they were fantastic. However if LandM were to carry Chapman's I would love to try them there before I order them from guitarworks..lol

Guitar works doesn't have the ML3 Pro Modern in dark cherry I was looking for.
I would email guitar works and ask if they can get if for you, they might already have a plan to bring in red ones they just arn'tordered yet

ShredRex5150

No I think cosmo was on board for about one year. I got my ML3 Pro Traditional through the them in Dec 2017. Was on the first shipment they received. Certain models appear to be harder to come by than others, even in the US. Maybe another run of the 2017 models will come in 2019....but looks like cherry ML3 Mod Pro I want is not on the guitar works or cosmo sites anymore....so it may in fact be done. I was raving about my Chapman in L&M one day and they asked me where I got it....told them if they carried them I would gladly buy more, and the standard series ML3 would make for some competition with the Fender player series. Maybe somebody at L&M was paying attention

Brad_A

Some day..... in my experience, any of
The Chapman Pro or signature stuff is great quality to work with. I suppose with the ML3 traditional you could put in a mini Humbucker and get the best of Modern and Traditional.

No I think cosmo was on board for about one year. I got my ML3 Pro Traditional through the them in Dec 2017. Was on the first shipment they received. Certain models appear to be harder to come by than others, even in the US. Maybe another run of the 2017 models will come in 2019....but looks like cherry ML3 Mod Pro I want is not on the guitar works or cosmo sites anymore....so it may in fact be done. I was raving about my Chapman in L&M one day and they asked me where I got it....told them if they carried them I would gladly buy more, and the standard series ML3 would make for some competition with the Fender player series. Maybe somebody at L&M was paying attention
Guitar works has been a Chapman dealer for way longer then a year, so I'm not sure what you mean by 'no'

Brad_A

I believe you can still ask Guitarworks to order you an ML3 and they would put it in their next order. I think their next shipment will be around Feb/March. It says this info on their website somewhere.

ShredRex5150

[QUOTE="tylertheterrible, post: I would email guitar works and ask if they can get if for you, they might already have a plan to bring in red ones they just arn'tordered yet[/QUOTE]

i may just do that....but I wanted it for the sale price cosmo had them at which was $892 down from $1189