Stupid Parent Question

Just got a deal I couldn't pass up on for a ML2 -Pro-Modern, however it will sit in the closet in the box until child's Birthday next May (Xmas presents are already in hand so Bday it will be). Anything special I should do? remove or loosen strings etc?

Garythesnail

Think of how much your kid could learn between now and March. That's a staggering amount of time. Give it to him now, and see how he progresses.
My flippant response is geared towards this part of ELP's post. I would stick to the 'you're having sod-all on your actual birthday' side of things. He or she can save up for his or her own pedals!

Lonestar

SC Relics Guitars
I’m buying my son a 3/4 size guitar next month. His birthday was in June and yes, Xmas is coming soon. But I’m perhaps in the minority of people who thinks a musical instrument shouldn’t be a present for an occasion. So, he’ll get it next month because I don’t want him to associate it with either date.

The sooner he’s making music the sooner he’ll discover the magic of it all.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
OOOORRRR, You could play it yourself until May and have him be absolutely jealous at you for the entire time, only to reveal that the guitar was his all along!

ed lespaul

I’m buying my son a 3/4 size guitar next month. His birthday was in June and yes, Xmas is coming soon. But I’m perhaps in the minority of people who thinks a musical instrument shouldn’t be a present for an occasion. So, he’ll get it next month because I don’t want him to associate it with either date.

The sooner he’s making music the sooner he’ll discover the magic of it all.
Years ago, I bought my son a mini strat. He was thrilled.....until he went to school and told his friends, who told him it wasn't a real guitar. He came home, and told me. I plugged it into my 4X10 cabinet, and just went off. The guitar was a lot of fun to play, and I never heard anything about it not being a real guitar again :)