@Robstafarian appreciation thread.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Small update for you all. I asked him if it was okay to share this with you, which he agreed to.

I passed along your continued wishes from this thread. He appreciates them all. Rob’s still been struggling with getting enough day-to-day rest (sleep) to get to the things he’d like to do, because it requires him to recover during the day which prevents doing anything accurately. On a positive note his health is on the up, overally speaking, due to better weather. He’s told me that he might try to return in the near future, depending on how this develops.

Hope this all informs you a bit more.
Thanks for the update! Tell him to take Vitamin D. That should boost the impact of weather on his health. ;)

Chu

I've deliberately avoided saying much as I'd prefer to move on but I think this thread just keeps it fresh in my mind and wish it would be let be.

Don't take me wrong, I like Rob and he is just as welcome as anyone to return but in essence, he said some silly things and me and a couple of others told him so. He threw a hissy fit and ran away. He didn't have to, he has been free to come back at any time but decided not to.

The others that were involved also don't come around here so often and I miss them too. There are plenty of people that just faded away instead of reacting poorly to being called out on something. I think it's a little disrespectful to all those others to only plead with one person to return, especially in the circumstances he went.

@ssinine

Professional noodler
@Chu Come on, man. Really should let it go.
You know where i stand. I found Rob infuriating at times, as well. Kept us on our toes, didn't he? :)

People cared and still do care for him. Rob's had a tough time and folks just wanted to express that. It's possible to disagree with him and still care for him simultaneously, right? Well, he's not around on the forum to disagree with so there's only the other option.

I could create a thread for the all the other members I miss but I'm a lazy little shit. All I do is hope that wherever they are, they're doing well.
As I do with Robsta.

Chu

@Chu Come on, man. Really should let it go.
You know where i stand. I found Rob infuriating at times, as well. Kept us on our toes, didn't he? :)

People cared and still do care for him. Rob's had a tough time and folks just wanted to express that. It's possible to disagree with him and still care for him simultaneously, right? Well, he's not around on the forum to disagree with so there's only the other option.

I could create a thread for the all the other members I miss but I'm a lazy little shit. All I do is hope that wherever they are, they're doing well.
As I do with Robsta.
You've misunderstood my post. I have no ill feelings towards Rob. I didn't ask him to go and even asked him to stay. If he chooses to come back then I'll be happy to welcome him and I completely hope that he is doing alright. I had some great times chatting with him and we all know he was a nice guy with some amazing knowledge.

It's this thread which elevates Rob's presence on here and subsequent absence as more important than that of the others that are absent. This sentiment was fundamental what lead to him going and I believe it's perpetuating the situation. When Scott aka Lonestar disappeared, he too went off in a bang. No one pleaded for him to return, despite his high profile. It got silly, almost a little ugly. When he came back, we welcomed him and moved straight on.

When the thread started, we all voiced our hope that he would return but I believe the thread should be let to die.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
You've misunderstood my post. I have no ill feelings towards Rob. I didn't ask him to go and even asked him to stay. If he chooses to come back then I'll be happy to welcome him and I completely hope that he is doing alright. I had some great times chatting with him and we all know he was a nice guy with some amazing knowledge.

It's this thread which elevates Rob's presence on here and subsequent absence as more important than that of the others that are absent. This sentiment was fundamental what lead to him going and I believe it's perpetuating the situation. When Scott aka Lonestar disappeared, he too went off in a bang. No one pleaded for him to return, despite his high profile. It got silly, almost a little ugly. When he came back, we welcomed him and moved straight on.

When the thread started, we all voiced our hope that he would return but I believe the thread should be let to die.
I think you're making it seem like more than it is. It was a moment. We wanted Rob back. If you want this thread to die, no hard feelings, but let it die then.

Having said that. Ball.