• You need to have made 10 posts to be able to post a new thread in this forum.

For Sale PRS Mark Holcomb SE Whale Blue - (Brand New)

Josh Stead

I've got this absolutely beautiful PRS Mark Holcomb in the limited edition whale blue satin finish, there are supposedly only 100 of these released, and only in Europe. I literally just bought it two weeks ago, and I'm sad to get rid of it. In a lot of ways I do love it but I bought it sight unseen having never played a PRS before, and honestly, it just doesn't agree with me. I love the way it looks, and good God do I love how it sounds, but my hands just aren't used to this kind of guitar.

I'm going to take it for a refund if I can, but I figured if someone buys it off of me before I give it back to Dawsons, that's no terrible thing! - Oh. I can only get store credit. Never mind then.

The Seymour Duncan Alpha & Omega pickups in this are fantastic. I think whatever guitar I get next, I might have to get a pair. They're tight and aggressive like you'd expect from a metal guitar, they purr and roar better than ye ol' faithful BKPs, what I didn't expect was the crystal clear, but characterful clean tones. Another nice surprise was the strat-like tone from the middle coil tapped position, that is extremely cool.

It's a fantastic guitar, but I think I'm going back to my old comfortable home of Ibanez.

The guitar is £899 new, but I got it on sale for £849, so as close to that as possible, Ideally. I'm in Doncaster on weekdays, and I'll be in Manchester over the weekend for collections, or I can arrange shipping.

Attachments

Last edited:

Josh Stead

Turns out I can't get a cash return, only store credit and Dawsons doesn't really have anything I want, sooooo, now this is just generally for sale.

Case obviously included, and it comes with a jack lead and a truss wrench too.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Why not get the store credit and wait for something to come that you do like. Is there anything in particular you are looking for?

Also, 2 weeks is a short time to get used to a guitar. You could always keep it longer, play it. I found, in the end, you can get used to anything.

Josh Stead

Because if I take the store credit I'm left with no guitar, and only credit to use in an arguably inferior guitar shop. If I sell the guitar, I have money I can spend anywhere. I'm looking for a specific model.

Sure, I imagine I could get used to it, but I have other guitars I'm used to. I want to find something, especially at this price range, that feels right. This guitar does not feel right for me.

Nothing wrong with that, it's a perfectly great guitar, but not every guitar is for every person.