NGD Part2: Small and delicious...

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
NGD Part2.
I’ve been increasingly aware of the absence of a decent electro acoustic in my life; something smallish that I can sit on the sofa and play but that would also offer me options if I wanted to plug it into the Helix.
So, after selling a couple of guitars, in came the Gibson SG and today? Today saw me heading up to Jimmy Egypt’s in Glasgow to pick up this lovely parlour sized Guild M-240E Troubadour.
Solid quartersawn spruce top
Mahogany back and sides
Curved back
And loaded with a Dearmond Tone Boss passive pickup - tbh I’ve never really enjoyed the massive amounts of compression a piezo brings so this set up suits me down to the ground.
Anyway, it has a lovely slim neck and low action which make my electric guitar familiar hands very pleased indeed.
A92D7C76-378B-4DD0-95C1-A52AE07D81EC.jpeg
FF6C187A-5723-4D5C-9289-396D59F2ECB6.jpeg
DF5B3E06-C117-47B1-A2C6-521E1EF9C8A8.jpeg
https://guildguitars.com/g/m-240e-troubadour/
It sounds gorgeous
It’s as pretty as hell.
And this is one VERY happy lady.
Now to buy a rocking chair, a pipe and a harmonica to complete the vibe
*thinks hard*
And maybe find a “Baby to leave me...”?
;)
:)

F998CE71-627A-4409-809A-6EEBB0D32D1D.jpeg 14C08CBE-DB84-49BD-B327-B9A2E777E89A.jpeg A033D562-D028-481F-8617-862807C93C9C.jpeg

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
:eek:
VERY nice!
Gotta love the magnetic soundhole pickups.
Also, I like the side-of-the-neck strap button placement, instead of the back of the heel, or no button at all ("traditional style").
Should belt out some killer cowboy tones!

M240e, huh... I knew that bugger seemed AWFULLY familiar...
I suppose great minds think alike, in respects to electric players wanting a pretty ol' small-bodied Western-y acoustic, eh?*
:D

*Though, I'm pretty darn sure you didn't over pay for yours, like I did :oops:.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
:eek:
VERY nice!
Gotta love the magnetic soundhole pickups.
Also, I like the side-of-the-neck strap button placement, instead of the back of the heel, or no button at all ("traditional style").
Should belt out some killer cowboy tones!

M240e, huh... I knew that bugger seemed AWFULLY familiar...
I suppose great minds think alike, in respects to electric players wanting a pretty ol' small-bodied Western-y acoustic, eh?*
:D

*Though, I'm pretty darn sure you didn't over pay for yours, like I did :oops:.
NO WAY!:eek::bounce:
I’d completely forgotten you had one of these Ty!
Put it here bud...
*holds out hand for a high five*
They’re FANTASTIC wee guitars aren’t they?
And whatever you paid was WELL worth it too...

And dude?
You have the coolest goddamn strap I think I’ve EVER seen...;)
:hug:

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
NO WAY!:eek::bounce:
I’d completely forgotten you had one of these Ty!
Put it here bud...
*holds out hand for a high five*
They’re FANTASTIC wee guitars aren’t they?
And whatever you paid was WELL worth it too...

And dude?
You have the coolest goddamn strap I think I’ve EVER seen...;)
:hug:
Honestly, the only reason I bought it (other than its simple, yet dashing good looks...), was I played a handful of the nicer acoustics this guy had, and this one was my favorite, and the second cheapest, and it played like it was worth the money, to me. So, good on Guild!
I do love it, and have played it so much, the satin neck is becoming highly glossy on the sides, heh.

And I can't imagine where I got such a wonderful strap from. Some kinda strange package pixie dropped it in my mailbox. Clearly it was meant for greater things and sent to me by mistake :eek::p.

Last edited: