NGD -- Ibanez RGR652AHB

ElectricSaga

Bearded person
Hey guys and gals, I have been gone for a long time but believe it or not I still think about a few of the forum members I interacted with a while ago. This made me want to share my new joy with you: a beautiful Ibanez RGR652AHB Prestige. I had to wait for months on end but it finally arrived, and it was all worth it. Some of you gave me a lot of good input when I was looking for options but ultimately I settled for this one.

Here are some crappy blurry pics:
The guitar has basically everything I like: reverse headstock, super smooth and thin Ibanez neck, very dark (ebony I think) fretboard, pointy but curvy and extremely comfortable RG body, HH with 5-way switch, and the original Edge tremolo. The color scheme is also super sexy: it's black but not shiny and over lacquered; you can see the texture of the wood.

The only thing I am not super thrilled about are the Dimarzio Fusion Edge pickups but this is easily fixed. Either way they sound decent with a nice punch, a bit more "modern" voiced if that makes any sense (tight bass, a bit trebly). They sound pretty good with distortion, anything from rock to metal, but I feel like the cleans are a little thin. I started looking at other Dimarzios but the Fusion Edges are kinda growing on me now.

Anyway, very happy with my purchase. Just wanted to share that with the forum. I've been extremely busy but I'll try to stick around for a while again.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
See that's a lovely guitar, ibenez nailing with the names again. RGR652AHB just rolls off the tongue.
I've mentioned this before, but the Ibanez names are really handy. Not catchym but you can tell immediately from the name what the guitar is (mostly)

RG= RG model
R = Reversed Headstock
652= 2 humbucker Prestige guitar, no Pickguard
AH = Ash body
B = black hardware
The lack of an F afterwards tells me it has a tremolo.

johnniegoat

Stop, don’t, come back.
i am not a shred person, but those ibanez folks know what they are doing. excellent snag

@Tankman @hendrixisgod - i have to agree with tankman; i work in an industry where the SKU of a device explains its build and config. Fender Stratocaster might sound better, but when you understand how the ibanez SKU is structured, it saves you hunting round the net trying to figure out what your guitar is, how its built, what it features

I've mentioned this before, but the Ibanez names are really handy. Not catchym but you can tell immediately from the name what the guitar is (mostly)

RG= RG model
R = Reversed Headstock
652= 2 humbucker Prestige guitar, no Pickguard
AH = Ash body
B = black hardware
The lack of an F afterwards tells me it has a tremolo.
While that may be the case, this makes it no more pronouncable...! So he’s:
See that's a lovely guitar, ibenez nailing with the names again. RGR652AHB just rolls off the tongue.
Damn right! :p

Others brands have similar ‘in-company’ logic but general consumers need to study to know what it means.

Happy new Ibañez day!

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
While that may be the case, this makes it no more pronouncable...! So he’s:

Damn right! :p

Others brands have similar ‘in-company’ logic but general consumers need to study to know what it means.

Happy new Ibañez day!
Ah well, it's Japanese logic. And the brandname is officially Ibanez, although originally it was a Spanish brand named Ibañez.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I seem to have triggered something. :D

You can also see it this way. Every brand is naming their guitars. Ibanez does it their own way. I don't mind the model numbers, as long as the guitars are cool.

I actually like the Ibanez naming system (and not just because I am partial to Ibanez already) but because they are very precise. Coming from a background in math and science I can appreciate a name that describes the object as precisely as possible. When placing the order on the phone I can tell you it was a bit funny though.

Thank you all for your comments, I really like how this guitar looks both "metal" and "adult", if you know what I mean.