Garry Moore + Tiny Terror = Win

maxlamenace

How can he get reverb on his overdrive? The tiny terror doesn't have reverb or effect loop...? I see the pedal on top of the cab, but it must not be pluged in the front, the tone should be messy with all this gain... ? What do you think?

Mojo292

I think he's a genius! I love those high gain blues rips he peels off at light speed. Some nice jazz licks in there too, smells like fancy sauce!

this is what the phrase "tone is in your fingers" means. he got some great clean sounds from that tiny terror with the out of phase les paul.

the reverb could be a pedal, or it could just be added in by a computer in the editing stage.

Griffo

Already seen this (i buy the mag and got the CD) - good interview, fantastic playing, awesome guitar collecetion and ace tone to boot!

dan123

maxlamenace said:

How can he get reverb on his overdrive? The tiny terror doesn't have reverb or effect loop...? I see the pedal on top of the cab, but it must not be pluged in the front, the tone should be messy with all this gain... ? What do you think?
:eek:
wow
I seriously love gary moore.. and that video!

Svee

God i could listen to Gary Moore for hours and hours and hours.

When i grow up i wanna be like him :D

Mojo292

Man that was epic! I feel myself being pulled into a Gary Moore phase! I do need to get back into his playing again, about 5 years ago I was pretty into him, and then I've just got sidetracked with other players. It's time to go back and start digging his stuff again! His LP is probably my favorite sounding guitar I've ever heard. I love it.

Mojo292 said:
Man that was epic! I feel myself being pulled into a Gary Moore phase! I do need to get back into his playing again, about 5 years ago I was pretty into him, and then I've just got sidetracked with other players. It's time to go back and start digging his stuff again! His LP is probably my favorite sounding guitar I've ever heard. I love it.

It belonged to this guy first D: And this guy made that guitar sound good through so many different amps, jtms, twins, oranges. Before the guitar neck was broken while in Moore's possesion, it was possibly the best sounding guitar ever made, and really one of the only les pauls that really sounded good in all posistions and with all tone and volume settings. Even good les pauls have "dead zones" where it just doesnt sound as good with certain combinations but not that one.

Anyway, gary moore hurt his hand really bad, got screwed by his insurance and had to cancel a tour which he had to pay for out of pocket, which forced him to sell the guitar. I dont know who has it anymore, but gary even admitted himself that after the neck repair it was very difficult to play.

My personal favorite gary moore work outside of thin lizzy is wild frontier.

ten-foot-tryptych

half rock, half gas

I keep coming back to this clip... Old school classic stuff. Love the way his broken string doesn't phase him at all. Take a look at Gary and Scott together and then try and hold yourself back from reaching for your LP!
I was quite late getting into Gary Moore; the first I saw of him was back in the 80s wearing something he might have found in Eric Johnson's wardrobe and playing some cheesy rock with a strat. It took me a long time to get over that...

yeah gary moore is really awesome, i thought it was funny when we was using the semi-hollow for something semi-bluesy, but when he played the out right jazz he used the les paul

Mojo292

pmcmanis said:
Mojo292 said:

It belonged to this guy first D: And this guy made that guitar sound good through so many different amps, jtms, twins, oranges. Before the guitar neck was broken while in Moore's possesion, it was possibly the best sounding guitar ever made, and really one of the only les pauls that really sounded good in all posistions and with all tone and volume settings. Even good les pauls have "dead zones" where it just doesnt sound as good with certain combinations but not that one.

Anyway, gary moore hurt his hand really bad, got screwed by his insurance and had to cancel a tour which he had to pay for out of pocket, which forced him to sell the guitar. I dont know who has it anymore, but gary even admitted himself that after the neck repair it was very difficult to play.

My personal favorite gary moore work outside of thin lizzy is wild frontier.
Yeah I have heard that guitar used to be Peter Green's. I was unaware of the neck being broken..and him having to sell it! That stinks. Wild Frontier I will check out.

Gary Moore is a monster player!!! He could play through a tiny solid state amp and still rip those awesome blues/jazz riffs and set the room on fire. I absolutely love how he sounds through the Orange Tiny Terror. :cool: