Bad NGD!

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I bought this guitar off eBay a little while back just as something cheap to leave at work.
IMG_20190210_121925347.jpg IMG_20190210_122209392.jpg
IMG_20190210_121939841.jpg

I got it out of its bag today to clean it up as I'm on leave now but to my dismay I noticed this!

IMG_20190210_122739928.jpg IMG_20190210_122619049.jpg IMG_20190210_122806300.jpg IMG_20190210_122836064.jpg
The bloody neck has a crack in it. The scarf joint feels raised and I can see the fretboard separating from the neck in one place! Balls.

I guess I'm going to have to send it back to the seller. I just hope they are not going to be shitty about it.

:(

Ah man that's such a shame :( I can't believe people put things up for sale without listing any and all issues. Transparency is key I believe but people just don't seem to care. Best of luck sending it back or repairing!

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
How long have you left it between purchasing/receiving it and noticing the damage?
I won the auction on the 28th and the expected delivery was the 31st. I couldn't say what day it arrived but I have no reason to doubt it got here when eBay said it should. It arrived just as I was about to leave for work so I only looked at it quickly and I haven't taken it out of the case again until today because it was so dirty I didn't want to play it until I cleaned it so I waited until my leave from work today to sort it.

I've officially asked for a return but he won't accept it.

At the moment he says he can't see a crack in the neck, just the scarf joint. Tell me if I got it wrong but that really looks like a crack to me. It comes off the scarf and goes to the fretboard.

If this happened in the post I feel sorry for the guy but it's the risk you take selling on eBay and posting your guitar I suppose. It's always a gamble.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Show him this and tell him the scarf joint has started to separate. It’s somewhat obvious given that there is a shadow and a highlight in this picture. You can open a case against him and use this photograph.

eBay will likely side with you on this.

View attachment 36139
I've already officially asked to return it and sent him all the pics that are in the thread. I think I have to wait a week before eBay can get involved.

Edit: Things are looking up, I'll keep you posted.