24" inch scale guitars

ScutMonkey

So a couple weeks ago I took a Fender Jaguar on trade and I discovered I loved the scale length. I have short fingers and it's just so much more comfortable to play. So now I'm wondering if there are any other guitars out there which use a shorter scale length like the Jag?

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
So a couple weeks ago I took a Fender Jaguar on trade and I discovered I loved the scale length. I have short fingers and it's just so much more comfortable to play. So now I'm wondering if there are any other guitars out there which use a shorter scale length like the Jag?
I think the Mustang does, Kerry's Squier does. It's got 9's on it at the moment but would probably benefit from 10's.

beans & rice

I've got a Fender Duo-Sonic (singles) and Squier Mustang ('buckers), basically the same thing. I don't have short fingers, but I also don't notice the difference too much when I switch with another guitar. They are fun to play. And, truly, I play the dirt-cheap Squang more than the Duo. It just has a "beat the shit out of me, I'm cool with it" vibe. :D

Sustainerplayer

On the edge of breakup
The 3/4 guitars like this Paul Gilbert model from Ibanez are around 24,2"

Most of the Ibanez models are pretty well made for the price - or you can afford to put a fret level/setup on top of the price if you don't do that yourself.

I have 5 of those. Really fun to play.

You can also get models from Jackson, Epiphone and Squire apart from the Mustangs, Duo-Sonics and Jaguars from Fender.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
What scale are you used to playing? I usually play 25.5 and already notice a huge difference with my 25 inch PRS. Then of course there's the 24,75 Gibson scale and als the 24,5 PRS scales. Those feel tiny in my hands.

ScutMonkey

What scale are you used to playing? I usually play 25.5 and already notice a huge difference with my 25 inch PRS. Then of course there's the 24,75 Gibson scale and als the 24,5 PRS scales. Those feel tiny in my hands.
I've been using 24 3/4. I have one squier strat that is 25.5 and it's holy crap it's hard to do scales on the low end of the neck so I just never play it. It's not that I can't but it's the difference between toughening up my muscles and learning the scales. I'd rather just learn the scales.

Time, time, time. I just never have time.

hendrixisgod

Argumentative Bastard
What an oddly difficult thing to search using Google. I'm sure there is a PRS with a shorter scale length I remember trying, it was an SE. for the life I cannot remember what it was, probably a single cut knowing me.

I was wondering why they snakebyte felt different from my other Ltd... now I know

LTD F-300FM -> 25 1/2" scale
LTD Snakebyte -> 24 3/4" Scale

I have no idea what it means Google is amazing now I know :dance:

Last edited: