YouTube Video With My Car

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
Last Saturday I drove down to Surrey to let a young YouTuber who does a lot of content on the BMW Z4 film with my car. As the regular members on here know, with my spinal problems, it is very difficult for me to get out very much and I don't have the stamina a "normal" person does. I actually left my house at 10am and didn't get back home until 6pm that evening. I was able to manage 4 hours down at the filming location with Joel, the YouTuber. I was able to stand around and chat with him and his old man for good amounts of time and while he was out filming with me car, I was sat in his own Z4 just browsing the web on my phone. I didn't suffer any negative reactions with my back and while I was utterly shattered when I got in and the following day, I was able to do my new fitness routine, which has been built with the pain management physiotherapists.

It was watching some of his videos back in November that helped me decide to get a Z4M.

Over the last 12 months, Joel has been able to a number of different models and generations of Z4 on his channel, including the very rare Alpina Roadster, but he's never been able to get the chance to shoot a video with an Z4M. A few weeks ago, a fellow member from one of the Z4 forums/club I am a part of, let Joel do a short video with his heavily stripped out and modded Z4M Coupe, which wasn't really a good example to use to review the model with. Joel was really excited to film with my Z4M, as it's pretty much standard and is the Roadster version, which is part of the same range his own Z4 is a part of (he has a 2004 3.0 Roadster), which is known as the E85.

Earlier this evening, the FIRST video in 3-4 on my car was released. If you think the Z4 / Z4M is a bit of a hairdressers car, you will be in for quite the surprise!

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Last Saturday I drove down to Surrey to let a young YouTuber who does a lot of content on the BMW Z4 film with my car. As the regular members on here know, with my spinal problems, it is very difficult for me to get out very much and I don't have the stamina a "normal" person does. I actually left my house at 10am and didn't get back home until 6pm that evening. I was able to manage 4 hours down at the filming location with Joel, the YouTuber. I was able to stand around and chat with him and his old man for good amounts of time and while he was out filming with me car, I was sat in his own Z4 just browsing the web on my phone. I didn't suffer any negative reactions with my back and while I was utterly shattered when I got in and the following day, I was able to do my new fitness routine, which has been built with the pain management physiotherapists.

It was watching some of his videos back in November that helped me decide to get a Z4M.

Over the last 12 months, Joel has been able to a number of different models and generations of Z4 on his channel, including the very rare Alpina Roadster, but he's never been able to get the chance to shoot a video with an Z4M. A few weeks ago, a fellow member from one of the Z4 forums/club I am a part of, let Joel do a short video with his heavily stripped out and modded Z4M Coupe, which wasn't really a good example to use to review the model with. Joel was really excited to film with my Z4M, as it's pretty much standard and is the Roadster version, which is part of the same range his own Z4 is a part of (he has a 2004 3.0 Roadster), which is known as the E85.

Earlier this evening, the FIRST video in 3-4 on my car was released. If you think the Z4 / Z4M is a bit of a hairdressers car, you will be in for quite the surprise!
Cool, I can't watch it at the moment but I'll have a look tomorrow or Saturday. Nice one man.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
340 bhp! 80mph in second! That'll do nicely. Awesome man, the car's amazing.
When I was searching for a car, I knew that it needed to have at least 330bhp as I needed something that would be on par with my heavily modified Subaru Impreza P1 that I had for about 5+ years.

Because my dad's E46 M3 Individual Cab, I knew I would love to have the chance to own something with the S54 Engine, as it really is classed as one of the best NA straight six engines they ever built. Dad's S54 had a lot of problems releated to the VANOS system, which controlled the intake/throttle bodies. The E85 Z4M actually is an E46 M3 CSL with a different body and a manual 6 speed. The front and rear subframe, suspension, brakes, hubs etc are all from the M3 CSL. The steering rack is an normal M3's with the Roadster like mine, but the Coupe (the E86) also had the CSL's steering rack.

Even though the S54 "only" has about 260lbt , it can easily do about 0-60mph in about 3.6-3.8 seconds, which has been proven in loads of road tests, even though BMW only gave it a stated time of abut 4.0-4.3 seconds! Where it really blows my mind is how quickly it can get from 30 to 120 mph, which is about 6 seconds and if the speed limiter has been switched off (like mine has) they can crack 180+mph pretty much all day long. I've only had my "M" upto about 130mph so far, which was by accident, thanks to me putting some space between me and an arsehole in an Audi who was tail gating me at 85-90 mph on the motorway.

The build quality and the fit and finish on my M is so good that my dad has told me it's better than his 2015 Merc C-Class. The Porsche Boxer S was the direct rival for the E85 Z4M and in all honesty, the BMW is actually a much nicer design and better quality interior. The Porsche is a scalpel of a car, that on a track, should give you a quicker laptime than the M, but on the road, the sledgehammer that the M is, is much quicker if you're on UK A and B roads.

Joel has two more videos with my car coming out in the next couple of weeks, which will take a much more up close and detailed look around my M.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
Great ...now I want one. Thanks a lot. LOL
...very cool thanks for sharing!

That’s awesome you’d let him review your car like that.

Joel does a lot of content around BMW Z4's and he managed to cover a lot of the different models/versions in the last year or so. But the one he has been missing was the E85 M. He actually owns a 2004 E85 Z4 3.0 which is the top version of the normal E85 Z4's , a few weeks before we were able to film, he was able to have a quick session with a massively modded E86 M, which was pushing 380bhp, but it was a stripped out track car, so wasn't really a good example for him to give an overall opinion on the E86 M.

My E85 M is pretty much bone stock and with it being the E85, he could compare it to how close/different it was to his own Zed. The difference between the standard Z4's and the M is just massive. The normal Z4's had electric steering, which are known to have a number of issues, that make the feel and feedback numb. Because the M3 CSL system is hydrolic, there is so much more refined feel and feedback, that allows the driver to have so much more fine control and feel. Then the M has a LSD , which none of the other Z4's had, even the Alpina Roadster lacked this.

There are a number of smaller differences, that add up to make the M look and feel like a totally different model to the normal E85's. But again the big difference is the 3.2L S54 engine, which when you compare it to the 3.0 N54 , just makes it look like a boat anchor tbh.

In the UK, there is about 1000 Z4M's , most of them are actually the E86 (which is just the code for the coupe) , with the E85 (the Roadster) actually being the rarer model (and they are about £5-6K cheaper than the Coupe). My mum P/X her 2010 factory JCW Mini towards my M. My car was listed for £10,750 with 96k on the clock, FSH and only 2 previous owners since 2007!

Wuzza

long time lurker
Omg, why don't you two get a room thread....

Oh, you have. :p

Funny, I used to have no interest in cars, had few, and most were proverbial pieces of shit. It wasn't until, and you'll laugh at this, I got a twinport Astra that I started to appreciate a decent car. Low seating position and 0-30 before the old dear in a Fiat closed in behind you, and a sunroof to get the wind wooshing though my hair (what's left of it :p)
Being of a certain vintage, I currently rock a VW Golf Plus. Not that sporty, but excellent headroom! :D

Yeah, definitely not jealous, not jealous at all...…… ;)

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
I'm actually over 6'4" and for me to get a clear view of the speed'o , I ended up leaning the back of the seat to a more reclined position and discovered it took so much pressure off my lower spine, as it spread my weight out more evenly across my back. I've now been able to get in the car and drive for 20 mins when my back is really hurting me and it manages to get my back to calm down, without the need for more opiates to combat it.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I'm actually over 6'4" and for me to get a clear view of the speed'o , I ended up leaning the back of the seat to a more reclined position and discovered it took so much pressure off my lower spine, as it spread my weight out more evenly across my back. I've now been able to get in the car and drive for 20 mins when my back is really hurting me and it manages to get my back to calm down, without the need for more opiates to combat it.
That's a win all round!