Your Ultimate Guitar

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
I'm a chap with pretty simple tastes, all I really want is a Gibson '57 Les Paul Custom Reissue. It's a twin PAF Style humbuckers guitar, with the classic spec of a custom where it has a Mahogany body and top. They do sound slightly different to a typical Les Paul Custom with a Maple top, as the density of the guitar just makes it vibrate and react differently. Unplugged you naturally hear a bigger difference, but when used for rockier types of music, with a nicely cranked Marshall, they have an edge to them, that you would struggle to identify unless you knew about the construction being slightly different. On the grand scheme of things, they are not massively inflated price wise, but well out of my reach for some years yet.

AngusWolfe

Likes red things.
well for years, I've made the same guitar on the Frank Montag guitar builder and drooled over it:
Screenshot 2019-02-25 at 16.35.49.png
but now this builder is letting me do Burled maple tops, this kind of thing is giving it a run for it's money:
Screenshot 2019-02-25 at 16.26.50.png

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
I mean, go ahead and accuse me of pretty much just making the same guitar 3 times... cause I did, but dang it if they don't all look so tasty in their own ways!
Also, the V was my first pick. So, basically... I want a [Reverend Ron Asheton Volcano], which I do... but purple.

View attachment 36228
View attachment 36229
View attachment 36230

The Les Paul Style you specced is pretty cool looking, but I would just have the twin P90's, as I think the 3 pup layout looks "wrong" on an LP. At least we know Ever will always be going for the purple colour option :D

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
The Les Paul Style you specced is pretty cool looking, but I would just have the twin P90's, as I think the 3 pup layout looks "wrong" on an LP. At least we know Ever will always be going for the purple colour option :D
I was thinking bridge humbucker with P90 in the neck, for the LP, but I DO actually like the 3 P90 look on... almost anything, within reason.
I mean, the prime examples being the Reverend Ron Asheton Volcano and the Gibson Gary Clark Jr. SG, but I feel like I'd warm up to a Les Paul with 3 P90s, after a while.

There's this, for example...

As for the purple... well... yeah...
Yeah, that's accurate.