X Box One X

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
We have been enjoying the X Box since Kerry bought it the other day, Forza Horizon 4 has been on solidly! I was a huge fan of the first Horizon game on 360 back in the day, the whole festival vibe captured my imagination.

I've been researching 4k tv's and hopefully I can buy one within a week or so, I'm really looking forward to seeing the graphics. It won't be super expensive though, probably around £500 since sorting out re doing the bathroom is going to cost a pretty penny.

What's good on Xbox these days then? Nothing first person though, neither of us can play them, we just get motion sickness.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I spend most of my life on Elder Scrolls Online haha
The Hitman games are pretty good and you also have Fallout 4? Those would be my non-first person choices :)
Thanks dude. Kerry signed up to the game pass and downloaded a load of games to try out. She also got 9 games second hand for £40 the other day so we're not short on games now!

She's playing The Escapist at the moment, she seems to like it.

JayXanderB

B.C. Rich fanboi
If you want something to make you think and you like strategy games I HIGHLY recommend Stellaris: Console Edition. Get the deluxe edition though as it has more "make-gooderer" dlc included :):D

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
We have been enjoying the X Box since Kerry bought it the other day, Forza Horizon 4 has been on solidly! I was a huge fan of the first Horizon game on 360 back in the day, the whole festival vibe captured my imagination.

I've been researching 4k tv's and hopefully I can buy one within a week or so, I'm really looking forward to seeing the graphics. It won't be super expensive though, probably around £500 since sorting out re doing the bathroom is going to cost a pretty penny.

What's good on Xbox these days then? Nothing first person though, neither of us can play them, we just get motion sickness.
Sorry for the late reply Wade dude. I was able to pick up a really high quality LG LED 43" Smart TV, that had Ultra HD (4K) , HDR (which really improves the darker colours) off Amazon for under £350. The cool feature about this TV is it's designed to work with PC's , as it runs at 60hz in 4K and 122hz in 1080p. The screen resolution is so good close up, that I am able to use my desktop with it and unlike 10+ years ago with LCD TV's, as you could see the grid pattern of each sector of LCD pixels. I've not had any problems with ghosting or screen tear, on any of the games I play. With me having the 60hz refresh rate in 4K, my graphics card is able to run games at a true 60fps. I'm not sure if my PS4-Pro has a 30 or 60 FPS rate in 4K. If I drop to 1080p, I am getting over 120fps and visually the difference is easy to live with.

With me mainly playing racing games and MMORPG's such as Final Fantasy 14 and World of Warcraft, I don't have to worry about the slower refresh rates when compared to a good quality gaming monitor. Having a 43" PC screen is really awesome once you get it all configured properly.

A couple of months ago, my folks managed to get the newer 55" version of my TV for under £415 from Curry's + PC World. It might be a touch too large to use as a desktop screen, but it's sure as hell fun for console gaming.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
That new XBOX without the diskdrive is quite interesting....
I only ever had the odd physical copy of my games, so it's something I would be ok with getting.

I've only ever had an XBox 360 on that side of the fence and though it was better to use than my PS3 was. I already know I am going to get a PS5 and would happily have one with no Blue-ray drive.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I only ever had the odd physical copy of my games, so it's something I would be ok with getting.

I've only ever had an XBox 360 on that side of the fence and though it was better to use than my PS3 was. I already know I am going to get a PS5 and would happily have one with no Blue-ray drive.
I have never owned an XBox. I worked at a Game store for a bit before entering MI a long time ago and saw way too many XBox 360's come back with the red ring of death. I went Nintendo back then and really haven't looked back since. I did buy a PS3 somewhere in between just for GTA V.

I have almost pulled the trigger on an XBox on Black Friday 2 years in a row now. They had AMAZING deals with games I was interested in. I think they wanted €180 for the console, Assasin's Creed and another game. Some even included a second controller. But honestly, I have PS3 games I still need to play, I have DS games I need to play, I have Nintendo Switch games that are still sealed even. I really shouldn't be getting any more games any time soon.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Sorry for the late reply Wade dude. I was able to pick up a really high quality LG LED 43" Smart TV, that had Ultra HD (4K) , HDR (which really improves the darker colours) off Amazon for under £350. The cool feature about this TV is it's designed to work with PC's , as it runs at 60hz in 4K and 122hz in 1080p. The screen resolution is so good close up, that I am able to use my desktop with it and unlike 10+ years ago with LCD TV's, as you could see the grid pattern of each sector of LCD pixels. I've not had any problems with ghosting or screen tear, on any of the games I play. With me having the 60hz refresh rate in 4K, my graphics card is able to run games at a true 60fps. I'm not sure if my PS4-Pro has a 30 or 60 FPS rate in 4K. If I drop to 1080p, I am getting over 120fps and visually the difference is easy to live with.

With me mainly playing racing games and MMORPG's such as Final Fantasy 14 and World of Warcraft, I don't have to worry about the slower refresh rates when compared to a good quality gaming monitor. Having a 43" PC screen is really awesome once you get it all configured properly.

A couple of months ago, my folks managed to get the newer 55" version of my TV for under £415 from Curry's + PC World. It might be a touch too large to use as a desktop screen, but it's sure as hell fun for console gaming.
I got a 50" LG tv, it's working out great. I considered getting a 55" but the 50" was backlit while the 55" was sidelit and the 55" was probably too big for the space. The enhanced games for the X Box look really good on the tv, I just wished I had more time to play the games we have!

Chili Hobbes

So much time, and so little to do.
If you're still looking for games to play, and like the idea of something you can waste days (if not months) of your life exploring at any pace that suits you, try Red Dead Redemption 2. It's simply astounding.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
If you're still looking for games to play, and like the idea of something you can waste days (if not months) of your life exploring at any pace that suits you, try Red Dead Redemption 2. It's simply astounding.
Thanks dude. I'll add it to the list, I've started playing the last Tomb Raider game at the moment. I started playing it on PS4 when it came out but didn't get too far because I got busy.