World of Warcraft

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
Oh really? Does the game look a lot better overall now then? I played from Vanilla, on and off for over 10 years. Sank far too many hours (days, weeks, months?) into the game so don't plan on returning soon. Every now and then I get the urge though haha.
Sorry for the delay in replying.

Visually, you can tell there is a big difference between the current game build and what is was like in Vanilla. With the open BETA of Classic WoW , you have the option for period correct models and FX's, or you can have the current games models.

I play on a 43" LED HDR 4K screen, at either 60hz in 4k or 120hz in 1080p. After cancelling my sub service and going back over to Final FF14 on my PC, I had my breath taken away with just how utterly beautiful the game is. It makes WoW's current engine look like it's 15 years behind Square-Enix's

I used to play warcraft during burning crusade and I loved it, but once they released Lich King and made all the burning crusade content obsolete my desire to play went to zero. I played again during the KungFuPanda expansion but got burnout trying to gear up for the end game raiding; The guild I was in wouldn't let me run past the first boss because my gear level was too low. So I gave all my gold coins to the guild, deleted every equipment and then deleted every character.
Star Wars The Old Republic has a much better world mechanics... when you're in "old-world" content it caps your character's level to the appropriate max level for the area - so you can xp anywhere, content never becomes unplayable so you can play with your friends regardless of level difference; and if you skipped over content, you can go back and do it at any time without it feeling like it's old.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
I used to play warcraft during burning crusade and I loved it, but once they released Lich King and made all the burning crusade content obsolete my desire to play went to zero. I played again during the KungFuPanda expansion but got burnout trying to gear up for the end game raiding; The guild I was in wouldn't let me run past the first boss because my gear level was too low. So I gave all my gold coins to the guild, deleted every equipment and then deleted every character.
Star Wars The Old Republic has a much better world mechanics... when you're in "old-world" content it caps your character's level to the appropriate max level for the area - so you can xp anywhere, content never becomes unplayable so you can play with your friends regardless of level difference; and if you skipped over content, you can go back and do it at any time without it feeling like it's old.
Hi there Becky and welcome to the forum.

I stopped playing WoW when I discovered they sacked about 700 staff members earlier this year, days following reports they had just had the biggest year for profits in their history.

For the last two years I've been playing Final Fantasy 14 off and on. Every time they do a patch, there is so much content that comes out. What I love about the game is the storyline is so amazing. It's a really great game and I managed to find a lovely guild that has a really awesome mix of highly skilled players who can do all the raids, then there are people like me, who can do ok on the bigger stuff, but enjoy to do the dungeons and storylines. The voice acting is amazing and the cutscenes are really involving.

The one big plus with Final Fantasy 14 is that you can level up every class and job on the same char. You can just switch between what role you need. So there is no need for alts, which I really like as I've never liked playing anything other than my one char in WoW.

I’ll play WoW Classic. After TBC they weren’t making a game I wanted to play.

I think the release date is in August.

I have fond memories of vanilla WoW.

ScutMonkey

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I lost a friend to WoW once. He was my roommate at was, I guess addicted to the game. At one point he would sleep all day and play all night. I would get up at 7am to go to University and he would still be playing. He would only leave the house to go to his job at a fastfood place at night. He would then come home at 1am and play till about noon before going to bed. On his days off he discovered a food delivery service that deliver 24/7, so I had the honor of being woken up by the doorbell at 4am because the delivery guy was there.

In the end, my friend had to move back in with his aunt (his parents lived in another country), he got really fat from his newly found diet of fast food and late night delivery and I haven't really spoken to him since. He was lost. I think he dropped out of Uni as well.

Having said that, it seems like a cool game. I always wanted to try it, but because of my experience with it, I never got around to it. Nowadays I just don't have the time.