will kemper kill amp gas?

Chu

For me it would be option paralysis, I need like four amp sounds at the most. I'm actuallly thinking about gigging again, and I love my 2 x 12 Rivera but not sure my fat old back does anymore so I might start looking at smaller amp solutions in the future.
I use four amp profiles for my whole setlist, but with various effects depending on the song. You can view a Kemper as a means to play a million different amp profiles or you could view it as a gateway to find exactly the right ones. I don't believe for a moment that I ever would have thought to try a Splawn and Mesa for drives and Friedman BE100 and Hiwatt for cleans. Instead of buying an amp for it's crunch tone and being satisfied with it's clean, I've been able to get each bit just right.

Of course, no bit of gear works for everyone but damn it has been perfect for me. Plus, it weighs nothing and I can travel without a cab if I want.

metromusic

Negative, I am a meat popsicle
I think my rig at the moment has 3 different amp sounds, and between the 2 performances I've got set up there's probably only a couple more. Pretty much Fender for the cleans/crunch, Mesa Rectifier for heavier gain and a 5150 for lead tones. One of the built in ones that I used a lot for cleans was a random Groove Tubes amp, which sounded amazing.

One of the main reasons I got mine was the fact you can program multiple effect "stompboxes" to come on at once with only one switch, which is a lifesaver for me (I used to hate pedal tap dancing). I looked into midi switching and Helix effects before pulling the trigger on the Kemper as it was much simpler for me to have it all in one box rather than a stack of different things.

ScutMonkey

I use four amp profiles for my whole setlist, but with various effects depending on the song. You can view a Kemper as a means to play a million different amp profiles or you could view it as a gateway to find exactly the right ones. I don't believe for a moment that I ever would have thought to try a Splawn and Mesa for drives and Friedman BE100 and Hiwatt for cleans. Instead of buying an amp for it's crunch tone and being satisfied with it's clean, I've been able to get each bit just right.
This is the sort of thing I'd do with it. I'd do a ton of mixing and matching. Plus, I find each time I use something new, I get something new in my head so I'd use it as "inspiration" for lack of a better word. Then I'd take whatever I'd written back to my foundation.

MrDon

Owner of a heap of shit dentist guitars
Kemper is great
Amp is great
Can the Kemper replace multiple amps? Yes

If you are leaning towards a Kemper then go for it - you literally cant lose. If you dont like it they are easy to sell.

Im considering buying one again

My experience owning modellers is that yes, it does cure amp gas. For a while. The KPA cured it for longer than the Helix and AF3 but out of the 3, my fave is the AF3.

It’s nice to have a bit of variety.

I was looking for a power amp for my AF3 and stumbled on the SC20. I bought that instead of a dedicated power amp and now use the AF3 in 4CM.
I flip between using the SC20 with AF3 being used for boost/effects, using the SC20 as a power amp and using the AF3 with my monitors, all driven through the PC

mirage2101

Today I hooked up the kemper to the fx return of my blackjack. I was considering to sell it so I connected it and after an hour I decided it's not leaving the house. In a flah of inspiration I hooked up the kemper.
Holy cow what a difference does that make. The profiles become more alive. I needed to undo some EQ stuff that I'd done but the playing is so much more dynamic. You could say it's a waste of the amp but looking at it now I'd sooner sell the katana head.