When is a NGD not a NGD? When it’s a...

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
...MOD THE HELL OUT OF A CURRENT GUITAR DAY!
I’m keeping this fairly brief as I’m just back home from Manchester and kkkkknackered.
So, as most of you know, I’m currently playing in a band and tbh I’ve been hankering for an HSS Strat for a bit.
Buuuut...no cash to buy one though and I don’t want to sell any of my current guitars.
What to do? And then it hit me (d’oh!), why not mod one of my current Strats to HSS? I mean, you gotta love how easy it is to mod a Strat, right? You’d be mad not to really.;)
So everyone, please meet Joe formerly known to you all as the rather irrepressible and marmite (couldn’t have him any other way tbh!) Joker.
(For those Batman aficionados/hopeless nerds out there the name change should make sense too #Chill)
A huge thank you to Billy at GG for some impressively neat and precise soldering.
Joe now sports a Dimarzio Tone Zone in the bridge and 2 rather spanky-in-a-good-way Texas Specials in the middle and neck positions.
The switching options being:
1. Tone Zone
2. Tone Zone tapped with middle TS
3. Middle TS
4. Neck + middle TS
5. Neck TS
And goshDARNit, he sounds properly DELICIOUS too
Some Gotoh vintage style nickel tuners finish off the new retro vibe...
C6A956AF-8B53-406C-98AE-0F40D14BAD93.jpeg
7FF75B44-E8AD-4168-9674-67FCE89170C7.jpeg

06B848E5-C516-4BCE-855E-06FCE9067CBE.jpeg
And for those who might be interested at what’s happening under the hood (Batman reference; I’msuchanerd:D)?
Feel free to click on these tasty thumbnails at your leisure...
55BE8377-4E56-418A-8A75-180E8DA7BA63.jpeg E0FB831E-7557-451A-8801-2C535FDBB263.jpeg A3F2DA32-CD49-4C67-B04F-8477F91A36D4.jpeg
:)

Attachments

bad alice

Oh, and have NO fears.
I have Joker’s (mostly - bar the Tone Zone) loaded pickguard and purple Sperzel locking tuners safely stored in a drawer!
I’m pondering my next step which might be going for a solderless drop in pickguard options for this Strat.
That could be very cool indeed!
I’ll keep y’all posted...

Last edited:

Strigidae

I like owls.
This "Joe" feller might look like just another gorgeous Strat but I have my suspicions that behind that mask he's still insane.. :D
HN-mod-the-hell-out-of-a-current-guitar-D! Absolutely love the classic look paired with the chrome and rosewood!

bad alice

This "Joe" feller might look like just another gorgeous Strat but I have my suspicions that behind that mask he's still insane.. :D
HN-mod-the-hell-out-of-a-current-guitar-D! Absolutely love the classic look paired with the chrome and rosewood!
Thanks @Strigidae
And yep, leaving this guitar alone in the house in any incarnation is always a risk...
:cold:
:D
As I posted posted on FB quoting Andy Sandberg on Brooklyn Nine-Nine
"What?!..No...What?!..No!..What?!"

Makes me sad. What's gonna happen to those stickers I sent you?! :(

Be Tea Dubs I am happy for you! :D
@JayXanderB rest easy bud
One of the glorious things about Strats is how easy it is to take out/drop in a new pickguard
And I promise you; those stickers will be being used elsewhere!
:hug: