What put a smile on your face today?

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I have a colleague who doesn't know much rock and metal music and asked me to give him some suggestions. He's going on a 10-hour road trip tonight. I made him a nice metal playlist to help him stay awake.

mirage2101

I'm using up some of remaining holiday to go down to a 4 day week from now to the end of the holiday year (September). NO MORE MONDAYS !!

Also - began a guitar related woodwork project. Ran into the issue of deciding on a stain colour.
At the end of last year I went to 32 hours and Monday is my day off. Friday would’ve been better but that’s my wife’s day off. Not having a monday is a great thing. Tuesday can be rough but others have cleared the weekend debris already

beans & rice

Yesterday on the way home I had a car in front of me kick up a rock and crack my windshield along the bottom of the driver's side. It was about 8 inches long, and added about 6 more inches overnight from the temperature changes.

Fortunately we pay the extra $2 or whatever on our insurance that includes free replacement. Setting up the appointment and running it through the insurance company took about 5 minutes. I'm set for Monday, and I'll be off so that makes it easy. So, no real tragedy.
The funny part was that today when I was driving home from work, I tried really hard to hit all the bumps to see if I could get the crack to go all the way across. :D Didn't work.

beans & rice

Wrote something earlier today, about a 30-second part, and really liked it. But it wasn't quite hitting right. Had some dry distortion going and it was ballsy. Fine.
Then I tried it with the Key9 on full Suitcase, no dry guitar signal, with a fair amount of tremolo, and some reverb and delay, slowed it down a hair and it really worked.

Not the first time I've had something I liked be completely transformed from my original intent by trying a whole different tonal landscape, and becoming something I loved. Recorded it on my phone both ways, and after several listens I deleted the crunchy version. No me gusto. :D

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
Wrote something earlier today, about a 30-second part, and really liked it. But it wasn't quite hitting right. Had some dry distortion going and it was ballsy. Fine.
Then I tried it with the Key9 on full Suitcase, no dry guitar signal, with a fair amount of tremolo, and some reverb and delay, slowed it down a hair and it really worked.

Not the first time I've had something I liked be completely transformed from my original intent by trying a whole different tonal landscape, and becoming something I loved. Recorded it on my phone both ways, and after several listens I deleted the crunchy version. No me gusto. :D
Ay !