What put a smile on your face today?

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
In some ways the lockdown reminds me of some of my younger years - no work, up all night and waking up at noon. Another thing that's taking me back to those times is this:

View attachment 39129

Jack Daniels/Jim Beam really takes me back to college years. I've not drunk it in years but Kerry's parents got me this for Christmas and it's actually quite nice.
I do like a bottle of Jim Beam every now and then.

Last edited:

AdiHughes

Sessions, Lessons & Shred
Just sat here in my front room, when I heard what sounded like an artificial camera shutter repeatedly going off. Wondering why someone is outside taking photos, I stuck my head out the window. All of a sudden, I saw this dumpy bird take off with wirring wings.... A grey partridge! Never seen one before, and although it's just turned dark so I didn't get to see it's plumage, that call is unmistakable. Smile and tick for the day!

Disclaimer: This is about a step in dealing with not getting kids. Not a light joke. Feel free to skip.

I cried today. A good honest to god cry and man that feels great.
I've had a headache for the past two days. Mothers day, the neighbors kids, friends with kids. It all hit hard and needed a way out. So I've mostly been sleeping and waiting for it to go away. Today when I woke up I didn't have a headache but I was still pretty tired. When I got downstairs my wife was watching dreamschool. This program about kids that have all kinds of trouble and react badly to it.
They did an exercise: They wrote down a goal and gave it to someone across the room. Then they defined three things holding them back. anything from the past, depression, bullying, anger, whatever. and those three people held them back from reaching their goal. The point being you have to let go of those negative things in order to move forward.
I got tears in my eyes watching it. It was so emotionally powerful. And it hit me that our wish to have kids has now become that weight for me. I don't even know where I'm going yet but I can't see it because of that weight.
It took me a couple of attempts to tell my wife. Because it's scary.. And when I say it out loud it becomes real. So within a minute we're both teared up again and at some point we get into the best hug of all mankind ever.. And it all came out.
And it feels so great. I haven't gotten this deep into the sadness that I feel about it until now. It also feels great to be able to share it.
Afterwards we were laughing about it how it's not fair to have a three day hangover ending with a cry after one glass of wine. And it's always the last one. Because when I had the first one nothing was wrong. And how we should follow our plan to move to a city and become proffesional alchoholics.
But also feeling relieved and laughing because it's another step through the dark forrest on the way to the fearie castle that's the rest of our happy lives.

If you got this far, thanks for reading. Typing out this stuff for someone else then myself helps a lot.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Disclaimer: This is about a step in dealing with not getting kids. Not a light joke. Feel free to skip.

I cried today. A good honest to god cry and man that feels great.
I've had a headache for the past two days. Mothers day, the neighbors kids, friends with kids. It all hit hard and needed a way out. So I've mostly been sleeping and waiting for it to go away. Today when I woke up I didn't have a headache but I was still pretty tired. When I got downstairs my wife was watching dreamschool. This program about kids that have all kinds of trouble and react badly to it.
They did an exercise: They wrote down a goal and gave it to someone across the room. Then they defined three things holding them back. anything from the past, depression, bullying, anger, whatever. and those three people held them back from reaching their goal. The point being you have to let go of those negative things in order to move forward.
I got tears in my eyes watching it. It was so emotionally powerful. And it hit me that our wish to have kids has now become that weight for me. I don't even know where I'm going yet but I can't see it because of that weight.
It took me a couple of attempts to tell my wife. Because it's scary.. And when I say it out loud it becomes real. So within a minute we're both teared up again and at some point we get into the best hug of all mankind ever.. And it all came out.
And it feels so great. I haven't gotten this deep into the sadness that I feel about it until now. It also feels great to be able to share it.
Afterwards we were laughing about it how it's not fair to have a three day hangover ending with a cry after one glass of wine. And it's always the last one. Because when I had the first one nothing was wrong. And how we should follow our plan to move to a city and become proffesional alchoholics.
But also feeling relieved and laughing because it's another step through the dark forrest on the way to the fearie castle that's the rest of our happy lives.

If you got this far, thanks for reading. Typing out this stuff for someone else then myself helps a lot.
Good job! Talking to someone is really the best medicine.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I found out today a neighbour of ours and friend of our parents died. I was talking with my parents on the phone earlier and they said that four (possibly more, things got a bit confusing) have died since last week.

On top of that speaking with mum was distressing because her dimentia is beyond obvious by now. At times she knew she was talking to me and at other times she mentioned me by name as if she was talking to someone else.

I'm dealing with some other stuff too so that phone call has knocked me a bit.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread

Last edited:
Friends of me used to play warhammer 40k...……..
They'd actually put down spare plastic miniatures and model train bushes and trees etc.. And nuke it with deodorant and a lighter to burn and melt half of it. Then painstakingly paint it and play games in it.
I used to as well, started with the original book through to 2nd, then 4th. We didn't napalm plastic, but plastic glue on styrofoam gave the same effect. :)
Also, have a good blub when you need. One thing I learnt in my battles with depression is that its fine if you have a bad day, when I'm feeling shit it's ok to have a blub, cut yourself off, indulge in junk food etc. Embrace the feeling and go with it, tomorrow is a different day.

@Wade Garrett That's tough dude, similar applies, you don't have to struggle with things alone.

Also, isnt now a perfect time for a Strutterbubble? :D

I moved some things on and added this.

Needs a different approach to make it sound less like playing a guitar, but it's a wonderful pedal. Glad I settled on this over the B9 or C9.

Also, this.
strbr.jpg
I got the guard for a project that's on hold indefinitely. So I had it on my old Squier with the Slick pickup set I got last year. The body depth was too shallow for the 5-way, so I had to carve out some space and it was still too tight. Caused an issue in the wiring by being pressed so hard against the bottom. So I just put it all aside and ignored it.
Last night I decided to swap the factory stuff from the Fender with it, and it's fucking great! Not only do I love how it looks, but those pickups sound really good. Having them on a good quality guitar made a lot of difference in my impression of them.

Last edited:

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
Love this combination. Turn the tone knob on the Burny down between 1-2 for filthy sexy tone!

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
In 1988, in the guitar shop next to the bus station in Sunderland*, I bought one of those combo amps. The guy in the shop set the amp up next to a chair and asked "what guitar do you have at home?" "A les paul copy" I answered. He gave me a Les Paul Goldtop to play............... Kerching!!! £88 ! They're great little amps.

* Can't remember what it was called.

Last edited: