What put a smile on your face today?

mirage2101

I went to the luthier today with my guitars. Turns out he was only working in the morning but he took some time for my anyway.
So he strums the guitar and makes a disproving sound. fiddles a bit, smoothens one or two places in the nut.. goes "mmmm". fiddles more and says "that's odd". In the end I left the guitar there. There's something resonating in it and he'll need to really look into it. So I'm glad I didn't start fudging about with it myself.

@ssinine

Professional noodler
Donated blood today so soon some other soul will be blessed with my superpowers which include listening to the same song over & over again for 3 days straight and constantly changing my mind about which guitar pick to practice with. Had a funny moment when I absentmindedly offered up my left hand's fingertips to be pricked and she wondered if she's doing something wrong. Explained calluses to her and then offered my picking hand as tribute. :)

Chili Hobbes

The Dr Venkman of Hospital Lab Science.
Donated blood today so soon some other soul will be blessed with my superpowers which include listening to the same song over & over again for 3 days straight and constantly changing my mind about which guitar pick to practice with. Had a funny moment when I absentmindedly offered up my left hand's fingertips to be pricked and she wondered if she's doing something wrong. Explained calluses to her and then offered my picking hand as tribute. :)
Here's hoping you're O neg!

:)

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
Eric Gales show was thoroughly enjoyed.
An absolutely amazing player and entertainer in general, and a super nice dude, as well.
He stayed there until every last person that wanted to do so, shook his hand and said hi.
Even a big dumb nerd like me, heh.

Photo evidence (aka, very tired man who doesn't get enough sunlight, trying not to fall over during photo with Eric), taken by the very nice, very, very tall (7 foot+) security guy.
Plus a bonus, Duane Allman's SG ('61 Les Paul Standard), sneaking in the background.

Any time Eric Gales is back in town... I'll be looking for tickets, again.
Especially because last time he was here, the show was sold out the week before, and this time...

Seems to have been the same!

AdiHughes

Sessions, Lessons & Shred
Finished reading a book on Saturday night. Been more than a year since that last happened. Gotten into the groove of reading for 15 mins or so before bedtime and I'm hoping this little ritual sticks long-term.

O pos, alas.
I got back into reading a couple of years back after a decade of hiatus, it's surprising how addictive it can be and very enjoyable. What are you reading at present?

My favourite book so far is Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab, slowish start but once it kicks off its very intense, couldn't put it down.

@ssinine

Professional noodler
I got back into reading a couple of years back after a decade of hiatus, it's surprising how addictive it can be and very enjoyable. What are you reading at present?

My favourite book so far is Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab, slowish start but once it kicks off its very intense, couldn't put it down.
I'm re-reading my Harry Potters. Sticking to familiar stuff to get the ball rolling and it's working great!

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
Ab,A,C,C#,D,D#,E,F,F#,G,G#,H
The most important lesson I got from my guitar teacher was 'Yes. Music doesn't make sense'. There are seven notes in an Octave, or twelve. Naming of sharps and flats is arbitrary at best. We call it a seventh chord but it's actually ... Ad nauseam. This may, in some way, actually be correct.

Sustainerplayer

On the edge of breakup
The most important lesson I got from my guitar teacher was 'Yes. Music doesn't make sense'. There are seven notes in an Octave, or twelve. Naming of sharps and flats is arbitrary at best. We call it a seventh chord but it's actually ... Ad nauseam. This may, in some way, actually be correct.
Yes. But the A and the H is still mixed up