What put a smile on your face today?

bross.jpg

Stopped into Target on the way home and saw Bob Ross. I really wanted to buy him, but I didn't. Maybe next time. It's really just a neat and silly thing. I'd have to find the place in the house with the best morning light to set him up. :bounce:

Also, in less than 5 hours I will be sitting down to listen to Dweezil and his band play Hot Rats in its entirety, along with a bunch of other Zappa stuff. :D:D:D:D:D

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
View attachment 38306

Stopped into Target on the way home and saw Bob Ross. I really wanted to buy him, but I didn't. Maybe next time. It's really just a neat and silly thing. I'd have to find the place in the house with the best morning light to set him up. :bounce:

Also, in less than 5 hours I will be sitting down to listen to Dweezil and his band play Hot Rats in its entirety, along with a bunch of other Zappa stuff. :D:D:D:D:D
Awesome! I have one of these:

Enjoy Dweezil!

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I think in 2011 I wrote a song. It was a metal song played with the metal band I was in back then. One day I was messing around with it with a clean tone while waiting for the rest of the band to set up and I liked that better. When I left that band they decided to take a different route, so I took all the material I had written with me with the idea that I would start a new band and rewrite the songs to fit a less metal style. So this song was rewritten but with the clean version of the riff as the core. It turned into a very chilled song with some heavier parts in between.

The funny thing is, I have bee playing that clean riff palm muted and with delay for a long time now. During the recording of it for our EP I decided to overdub that with an acoustic, but not palm muted, without delay and letting all the notes ring. It turns out on the recording, that acoustic is overpowering the delayed riff, completely changing the vibe of the verses of the song in a good way. It turned out so cool! In fact, I'm thinking of playing it like the acoustic riff from now on in stead of the delays riff. Really excited to try that!

Dweezil doesn't make guitar faces. :bounce:
That band is a collection of such incredible talent, it's mind-numbing. They're so smooth and tight and in-sync. And they had fun. These people love music in a way that made me feel lucky to witness.
There was a section where Dweezil did the kind of thing his dad did, where he uses his hand signals to instruct the band and they told a story about Chewbacca going to a strip club and hooking up with a Predator. Then Adam Minkoff became Johnny "Guitar" Watson for a few minutes and took the story in a different direction, and...it was just bonkers. :p

Had perfect seats, in the center balcony. No one in front and a perfect view of the stage.
I couldn't resist, I got 2 shirts and a 10-pack of Dweezil picks. :D

Mrs. Beans truly enjoyed it, and was as amazed and entertained as I was. So glad she had so much fun. :)

I did record the encore. My phone biffed it in the last minute of Black Napkins, so that's a separate clip and I didn't bother uploading it. But I might, it was really good. Have to see if I can edit the last 40 seconds that I cut from this video onto it and make it seem like 10 seconds isn't missing. :D

This is the whole encore with Black Napkins, Montana and Sofa. The break is at 4:29, it's not too bad.

Sofa has always kind of put me in mind of the closing music on SNL, so it was appropriate that they played it to close out the show. :bounce:

Last edited:

johnniegoat

Stop, don’t, come back.
@drittal

nice work

your green strat - have you tried swapping the middel and neck pickups? if you leave the wiring alone, you get a really interesting and different pickup selection

1 - Bridge
2 - Bridge and neck
3 - Neck
4 - Neck and middle
5 - Middle

means you get a straty neck tone from the duckbucker; also the humbucker in the middle is less wooly than one in the neck, like on a kramer nightswan

i did this on my yellow strat, and its really good

IMG-20190912-WA0000.jpeg