What put a smile on your face today?

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
here's one for newly-fuzz-lovin' @Wade Garrett

View attachment 38263

what is it you ask?

its a fuzzface circuit build by Adrian Thorpe of ThorpyFX i got on ebay a while back. the 9v socket shorts out when its plugged in, so i have to use a battery and for convenience i have it set up thus

it sounds frightening. which is great ;)
Nice man! I decided I was viewing fuzz the wrong way so I am going to see were this attitude adjustment takes me.

The options and prices are getting better. Now I'm focusing on the Superball pedal. It achieves the kind of lofi sound I wanted that comes with the Generation Loss pedal ($700) and then the Shallow Water pedal ($300-$400). But it seems to have a much deeper level of tweakability to it. And it's only $200.

EDIT:
Welp, that's that.
Ordered. :D

Last edited:

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
One of the cool thing about the Metal Hammer issue I bought recently is that there are new album reviews in it. I've been checking bands out that I've never heard of, some cool stuff and some things that weren't to my taste.

One of the bands impressed me a lot...it took a bit to get there though! The music goes from ethereal to brutal and visits many unexpected places along the way. I had initially watched 3 videos on YouTube and the different styles were confusing so I wasn't sure what the band was going for.

The heavy song I heard was awesome so I took a chance and bought the album.

Noooooow I get it! There wrote an album, it flows through the different flavours while still retaining and overall vibe. I genuinely am impressed and I don't say that lightly.

If you want an epic experience give 'I let it in and it took everything' by Loathe a go. Strap yourself in though it's quite a ride!

Last edited:

Neilybob100

One of the cool thing about the Metal Hammer issue I bought recently is that there are new album reviews in it. I've been checking bands out that I've never heard of, some cool stuff and some things that weren't to my taste.

One of the bands impressed me a lot...it took a bit to get there though! The music goes from ethereal to brutal and visits many unexpected places along the way. I had initially watched 3 videos on YouTube and the different styles were confusing so I wasn't sure what the band was going for.

The heavy song I heard was awesome so I took a chance and bought the album.

Noooooow I get it! There wrote an album, it flows through the different flavours while still retaining and overall vibe. I genuinely am impressed and I don't say that lightly.

If you want an epic experience give 'I let it in and it took everything' by Loathe a go. Strap yourself in though it's quite a ride!
Love a tune recommendation. Will check it out.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

mirage2101

I setup my amp with the tone and volume controls down a bit. And then used the on board eq to fill out my strat sound a bit. I'm not 100% there yet but they both sound good while keeping their own character now.

Then I proceeded to do a jam with the intention of following the chord progression. I see why it works but man that was hard work. I've got a lot to learn. I'm happy with the work though!

mirage2101

I really don't like drilling into walls. I have one of these metal/power (power metal? :D) detectors but I still get nervous I'm going to hit something!
I have drilled a lot of holes.. (yeah yeah, that's what she said) And I never hit a power line. It does help to know roughly how the line run through your walls. If you've ever screwed the socket out of the wall you can see the direction the wires are going. In general they won't do tight corners and take the shortest way. If you're drilling a hole directly in the middle of two sockets or above one well, you might want to check that.. But otherwise..