What put a smile on your face today?

AsperChick

Social Faux Pas Expert
@Wade Garrett

fuzz at the front - otherwise impedance, etc

also - @AsperChick might consider, given the collection size, a big board and a little board. i have a small board in my living room for convenience. and all those pedals will b e a back breaker on a single board

but well done both - more pics of the pedal adventure please!!! :)
Hey :) I'm not set on what I'm keeping, exchanging or rearranging on the board yet, just seeing how much space there is on there (to the extreme). I'll have to dial the number down quite a bit, positioning some sideways, which isn't as aesthetically pleasing, but practical. The RAT, Twinote and DS1 are staying (so far), not sure about the FZ-2. Still unsure which of the many, many overdrives to keep/include. My plan is to send/return the Superego through the Pulsar, I really enjoy using these together. An extra power supply will need to be purchased and soon, if I am to make the best use of such a big board. The Palmer only has 12 isolated outputs :( A smaller board is also in the pipeline...need to space out some purchases ;) Thinking about buying a Shaky Jimi or a Ventura. Once I've got a rough idea of what works I'll let you have a peek...well, either I will or Wade will.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Afte 2 colleagues started tagging me in random Facebook posts, I realized hlw pointless and how much of a waste of my time Facebook really is. I deactivated my profile, mostly becuse I do find messenger useful and you can still use it this way. Feels good!
I use it for guitar news and getting in touch with people. I try not to read my feed if I can help it, I have weak moments when I'm bored and always end up regretting it.

beans & rice

Afte 2 colleagues started tagging me in random Facebook posts, I realized how pointless and how much of a waste of my time Facebook really is. I deactivated my profile, mostly becuse I do find messenger useful and you can still use it this way. Feels good!
When I told FB to eat shit, I was wondering about Messenger, too, since I'd use it to connect with my wife after I got home and she was at work.
But we started using the phone companion app from Windows that lets us text using the computer. Solved that issue. :)

beans & rice

My cat Roxie believes that if she moves incredibly slowly then I won't notice her trying to crawl behind my on the couch to slink down beside me then up onto my lap. It's like Drax eating the zarg nuts while watching Quill and Gamora talking.

I let her believe it works, good for her self-esteem. :D:p

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
When I told FB to eat shit, I was wondering about Messenger, too, since I'd use it to connect with my wife after I got home and she was at work.
But we started using the phone companion app from Windows that lets us text using the computer. Solved that issue. :)
I usually use Whatsapp both on the phone and pc, but there's a few people I can only reach through messenger.

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
Bought a cheap used ps4 for my office - it was discounted as the controller was in a 'challenging' orange and blue colour.
[hold my beer]
[sound of spray and swearing]
Big smile induced by aesthetically matching (though impractically dirty finger print showing) office workspace.
IMG_20200209_111400.jpg
The paint started to run out before the blue was completely hidden - but the orange is gone forever.

Why yes, that IS a fingerprint embedded in the clearcoat new the PS button..................[adds plan to flatten and re-polish lacquer]

Attachments

Last edited:

beans & rice

Bought a cheap used ps4 for my office - it was discounted as the controller was in a 'challenging' orange and blue colour.
[hold my beer]
Big smile induced by aesthetically matching (though impractically dirty finger print showing) office workspace.
View attachment 38239
The paint started to run out before the blue was completely hidden - but the orange is gone forever.

Why yes, that IS a fingerprint embedded in the clearcoat new the PS button..................[adds plan to flatten and re-polish lacquer]
Nice work!
Funny, though. I went the other way, turned my white controller orange. But it wasn't so involved. I went the lazy route and got a silicone skin on eBay for 2 bucks. :D

ps4a.jpg

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
[hold my beer]
View attachment 38239

Nice work!
Funny, though. I went the other way, turned my white controller orange. But it wasn't so involved. I went the lazy route and got a silicone skin on eBay for 2 bucks. :D

View attachment 38244
I'm looking longingly at those controllers, I can't play since I hurt my hand/wrist. I somehow managed to hurt myself while I was actually playing! I've been playing a lot of Days Gone to unwind, a bit too much as it turns out!