What put a smile on your face today?

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
I made Scottish Shortbread, today... for some reason (I was planning on trying to make some for a party in the near future, but had the urge to "give it a test-run" beforehand).
Now, I don't have any Scots available, to critique my miserable baking, but my grouchy uncle seemed to like them, and my mom as well, and the dog absolutely loved the quarter of one that I dropped on the floor, so I'm calling it "good enough". :D
<raises can of Irn Bru and salutes from Scotland>
By the sounds of it you did an excellent job.
:)

Something a little different, I'm going to use this drum piece and write something over it. Just made such an impact when I first heard it on Fargo a few years back and it should be a quick and fun little thing. The ads for the upcoming season put me in mind of it again. Like the sound Lars wanted on St. Anger but Bob Rock failed so miserably to produce. :D

No idea what to do yet, I've just been listening to it several times in a row to get the feel for it.

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
Something a little different, I'm going to use this drum piece and write something over it. Just made such an impact when I first heard it on Fargo a few years back and it should be a quick and fun little thing. The ads for the upcoming season put me in mind of it again. Like the sound Lars wanted on St. Anger but Bob Rock failed so miserably to produce. :D

No idea what to do yet, I've just been listening to it several times in a row to get the feel for it.

Makes me think of Duane Eddy. Get your twang on.

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
Here's a first for me. Sitting in the office on the phone on hold waiting for some guy. I thought the hold music sounded like it would make a nice backing track so I picked up the guitar and had a little go. It sounded alright, Dm, I was quite in to it. So in to it in fact that I was surprised when the guy actually picked up the phone and I forgot who I was supposed to be speaking to.

Wuzza

long time lurker

Could definitely go all Satchel Boogie on that. ;)

Neilybob100

Headed to the practice room for some alone guitar time.

Grabbed my strat and my Orange Jim Root Terror (not the likeliest of matches), turned it up loud, turned the gain to about 3 which is no gain. Plugged in my mini HOF and Comp Engine compressor pedals for some blues.

Anyways, I'm not the best blues player in the world so I googled for a lesson. Found this brilliant article on line regarding the infamous BB King Box. Love it.

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/21479-deep-blues-the-bb-king-box

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk