What put a smile on your face today?

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
There was a change of plan at work so I wasn't there today. I've been using the time to continue sorting out the studio. It's beginning to look better in there but there still a fair bit to do. Kerry's friend is coming around tonight so I'm going to carry on while they catch up.

Soap Distant

The Big Kahuna (again!)
The recycling was collected...for the first time in a month. It was getting bad around here!
What pisses me off is the green bins (garden waste) stop for a few months from the end of autumn around here, and they always stop when I've got 2 bins full from our cherry tree, which is bigger than our house. I have to bag the fuckers up and take them to the tip.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I seem to be smiling a lot today, a guess that's a good thing! Here's a couple of carefully framed pics as not to show the surrounding chaos in the studio! It's coming along though.

IMG_20200108_193059472.jpg
IMG_20200108_193222822.jpg

The tremolo pedal I bought arrived as well as the new 9 guitar stand. There's been guitars strewn all over the place for months! Kerry had 4 new guitars last year and I had one, we had nowhere to put them. Now I have moved the bikes there's space to put this stand.

IMG_20200108_193445585.jpg

When I'm finished I'll take some pics of the whole studio for you. I'm really looking forward to seeing it up and running again.

Neilybob100

I seem to be smiling a lot today, a guess that's a good thing! Here's a couple of carefully framed pics as not to show the surrounding chaos in the studio! It's coming along though.

View attachment 38030
View attachment 38031

The tremolo pedal I bought arrived as well as the new 9 guitar stand. There's been guitars strewn all over the place for months! Kerry had 4 new guitars last year and I had one, we had nowhere to put them. Now I have moved the bikes there's space to put this stand.

View attachment 38032

When I'm finished I'll take some pics of the whole studio for you. I'm really looking forward to seeing it up and running again.
Wow very tasty. Nice one

Wouldn't advise putting guitars next to radiators.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

mirage2101

I don't really get either. The one in the pic is a double radiator so I suppose, technically ther are three all together. Such an opulent lifestyle! :D
We have a radiator sunken in the floor. You'll know the kind. On one side of the room there's this grid with a pit under it where the radiator is.
Except our cat has claimed it as his own. He refuses to leave when the radiator is on... My cat rules the house.

mirage2101

So I've been called a lot of things and have been accused of even more.. But today takes the cake...
I was describing how on long drives home in the evening I tend to turn on a warning for traffic cams on my phone and *cough*slightly drive over the speed limit.. Which puts me solidly in the left lane except for when I have to change roads.

So one of the guys at work shouts
What? You drive like a mocro!!.. There you go flashing by, and all those people will see your car and say to eachother, there goes one of those antisocial guys again. You're giving mocro's a bad name!*

Now I'm not sure how well this'll translate. But "Mocro" is a bit of a.. Geuzennaam, a badge of honour.. Something that starts out as an insult and then is carried with pride. By third generation youths with grandpartents originally from Morocco. So you'll be thinking of youths with a Moroccan look.. Wanting to impress their friends.. And driving cars they can't really afford.. And appearantly I drive like one :)

It made my day!

*To be clear, this is one of the guys who works for me and it's all good natured ribbing.