What put a smile on your face today?

Neilybob100

The positive: I did a thing. I am excited about the thing. The word "Vintage" applies properly to this thing, in a big way.

The negative: I have to wait another 15 days to pick up the thing, because of store policy... that's a long time after holding the thing for over an hour a couple days ago.
Poo.
Oooh this is exciting!

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul
The positive: I did a thing. I am excited about the thing. The word "Vintage" applies properly to this thing, in a big way.

The negative: I have to wait another 15 days to pick up the thing, because of store policy... that's a long time after holding the thing for over an hour a couple days ago.
Poo.
I'm going to go ahead and guess it's one of these?
1575478521357.png

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.

Poo.
Oooooooooooooooh, good, good!!!! I approve.

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
I'm going to go ahead and guess it's one of these?
View attachment 37852
Well, dang it all... I thought it wasn't that obvious! Psh...
That would define "vintage in a big way", for sure. :D

Oooh this is exciting!

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
Oooooooooooooooh, good, good!!!! I approve.
Don't get TOO excited, now... it's still gonna look like a bit of a hunk of junk, compared to something like a flawless Les Paul burst or a closet-kept Strat. I'm not quite that loaded, just yet. :p
It's definitely very... "Proper Player Grade Vintage", heh.
I don't want to disappoint too much, when I finally get it and post some pictures.

It DID, however, make one of the GC employees say "Wait... where the hell was I, when this came in?!", when I was putting the money down for it, so I think I, once again*, just barely got away with it, there...

*last time I got something from GC, it was my ESP E-II that was hanging in their used section, for less than I would've expected, and one of the metalhead employees I talked to frequently was a little bit salty that I got it before the end of the day, because he was still considering whether he was going to jump on it or not, as it had just come in recently, and they'd only JUST put it out on the floor, so he thought he'd have at least a little more time to make a decision, but I decided faster. (he didn't like purple very much anyways... :eek:)

ed lespaul

When you get tired of hearing the same groups over and over on your iPhone, and you go searching the songs on your phone, and you find a group that you haven't heard in years. You put it on and are blown away how good they were in their day.

This happened to me yesterday, when I found old Lee Aaron albums on my phone.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I wanted to cancel one of the sports packages I have for the tv, because the F1 season is over and I don't watch anything else on those channels. I have a special deal in my contract that gives me football (soccer) channels for free. For whatever reason, each time I tired cancelling the paid package, my free sports channels would change into charged channels, so no discount. Weird. Decided to call the provider to ask if my discount will be disappearing in the future. The guy said no. It's just a bug. I had the guy on the phone anyway, so I asked if my entire tv and internet package can be cheaper somehow. He checked. He could save me €3,50 a month by cancelling my fixed phone line, which we don't use. I would be losing some hindi channels (who cares), and my upload speed would be 5Mbit in stead of 50.

My answers was: hmmmmmm

The guy says to wait and let him check something. New offer:
Keep my free sports channels. Cancel the F1 channels for now. Lose some Hindi channels. Add the internet booster to keep the 50Mbit upload for €2,50 a month, but add a lifelong discount of €2,50 to that which makes the boost free AND he will throw in €15 discount a month for 3 months.

Winning!

EMM

I am the cat who walks by himself
A bit of a backstory first though, I have had a bit of a classical music kick recently, especially what I prefer to call “dramattic musical settings” (I’m not going to use the dreaded “O” word because it brings up bad images of fat women warbling at the top of their lungs and cheesy Neopolitan pizza songs). I have been especially influenced by the works of Wagner and Strauss (the two Dicks as I like to call them)!

I wanted to hear more of this style of composition in local rock and metal, but haven’t found it yet, plus I would love to employ this style to my own compositions but everyone just wants to do the same old crap!

I recently heard a work by Antonin Dvorak (big influence by the way, especially his 9th symphony) called Rusalka. The story is based on Hans Cristian Andersens The Little Mermaid, which is of course, famous for it’s Disney adaptation.

But, I heard a piece from the first act called “Song to the Moon” which when I heard it, I just pictured a Mermaid beckoning the moon down from the sky and asking it to tell the prince that “I want you to be my lover, noone else!”

This idea of having to go through a middleman in order to find your ideal relationship partner is very relatable in my life, as no one in my area shares the same interests and philosophy on life as me.

Everyone in my area seems too dumb and unclultured for my liking and I feel there is a Rusalka out there that wants me as their lover, but she doesn’t have the courage to meet me in person and vice versa!

Whilst listening to it, I drew this.
B3ABC527-214A-4B78-9267-8EF91BC75703.jpeg

Last edited:

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
A bit of a backstory first though, I have had a bit of a classical music kick recently, especially what I prefer to call “dramattic musical settings” (I’m not going to use the dreaded “O” word because it brings up bad images of fat women warbling at the top of their lungs and cheesy Neopolitan pizza songs). I have been especially influenced by the works of Wagner and Strauss (the two Dicks as I like to call them)!

I wanted to hear more of this style of composition in local rock and metal, but haven’t found it yet, plus I would love to employ this style to my own compositions but everyone just wants to do the same old crap!

I recently heard a work by Antonin Dvorak (big influence by the way, especially his 9th symphony) called Rusalka. The story is based on Hans Cristian Andersens The Little Mermaid, which is of course, famous for it’s Disney adaptation.

But, I heard a piece from the first act called “Song to the Moon” which when I heard it, I just pictured a Mermaid beckoning the moon down from the sky and asking it to tell the prince that “I want you to be my lover, noone else!”

This idea of having to go through a middleman in order to find your ideal relationship partner is very relatable in my life, as no one in my area shares the same interests and philosophy on life as me.

Everyone in my area seems too dumb and unclultured for my liking and I feel there is a Rusalka out there that wants me as their lover, but she doesn’t have the courage to meet me in person and vice versa!

Whilst listening to it, I drew this.
View attachment 37864
Great stuff dude. It's awesome to see music inspiring another art form, I love creativity as a whole.

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
Well, Amazon.
My new whammy developed a fault 3 days after the 'free return to Amazon for any reason' period. A couple of emails.... and...... Amazon are posting one out (arrives tomorrow) and given me a link for a postage label to return the knackered one ! Yippee !

also - the Kemper editor is out and is pretty darn good !

[update - It arrived. Swapped the new one for the duff one. Noted the slightly different shade of red paint used, and different feel to the casing.... and carried on as if nowt had changed.]

Last edited: