What put a smile on your face today?

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Cool! I do hate it when that happens. You buy tickets, you get excited and then realize you still have to wait over half a year for the actual event....
Waiting for the Def Leppard gig was similar. Whitesnake and Europe were a big deal for me back in the day, very much instrumental in getting me into rock and playing guitar as a result. I bought seated tickets just off the side of the stage (I didn't fancy the standing only in front of the stage) like we had at the Def Leppard gig, that was a good view.

I'm slowly seeing a load of bands I didn't get to see when I was a teenager. It's cool, I can actually afford to go and see them now!

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Waiting for the Def Leppard gig was similar. Whitesnake and Europe were a big deal for me back in the day, very much instrumental in getting me into rock and playing guitar as a result. I bought seated tickets just off the side of the stage (I didn't fancy the standing only in front of the stage) like we had at the Def Leppard gig, that was a good view.

I'm slowly seeing a load of bands I didn't get to see when I was a teenager. It's cool, I can actually afford to go and see them now!
I try to get seats if I can as well. My wife is not very tall, and always ends up behind somebody taller and can't see. With seats, at least she can see everything and I can sit back and just enjoy the show without having to worry about getting pushed around etc.

I'm also reaching the end of my live band bucket list. I think the only band left on it that I haven't seen yet is Incubus. I had tickets last year, but we sold them due to my wife's pregnancy and it being standing only. In the end, the singer got sick and they cancelled the whole show. The other ones I had on my list were Slipknot on their own tour. I've only seen them at a festival, which is a different vibe. I'm seeing Slipknot in January. Also Devin Townsend. I've seen him solo and acoustic this year. I'm seeing him with a full band on the Empath tour in 2 weeks.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I try to get seats if I can as well. My wife is not very tall, and always ends up behind somebody taller and can't see. With seats, at least she can see everything and I can sit back and just enjoy the show without having to worry about getting pushed around etc.

I'm also reaching the end of my live band bucket list. I think the only band left on it that I haven't seen yet is Incubus. I had tickets last year, but we sold them due to my wife's pregnancy and it being standing only. In the end, the singer got sick and they cancelled the whole show. The other ones I had on my list were Slipknot on their own tour. I've only seen them at a festival, which is a different vibe. I'm seeing Slipknot in January. Also Devin Townsend. I've seen him solo and acoustic this year. I'm seeing him with a full band on the Empath tour in 2 weeks.
Cool, I bought Empath a few weeks back. I've only listed to it once so far, it's quite an album!

When I was playing in bands and making a living from music I hardly ever went to see bands, it was a but too much like a day at the office without the really fun bit. Now days I'm enjoying it more so I'm making the effort to go and see what I can. The closest venue to me that does rock gigs is about 1hr 20mins away on a decent road, it's where we saw Inglorious last week. It's a great place for me because a lot of the old school bands seem to play there. In the next few months they have: Uli John Roth, Pat McManus Band, Last In Line, Tygers Of Pan Tang, The Wildehearts, The Temperance Movement, Sweet, Sons Of Liberty, Faster Pussycat, D-A-D, Enough Z'Nuff, Anvil, Hardline, Jizzy Pearl of Love/Hate and Hand of Dimes. There's also a shitload of tribute act gigs there as well. Hanging these bands play a small club in North Wales seems inconceivable to me but it is still the late 80'in my head! :D

I need to see some heavier bands too. Meshuggah, Slipknot, Oceano, Veil Of Maya would be a good start.

Sustainerplayer

On the edge of breakup
Someone just gave me a guitar body from an Ibanez Talman electric. It's almost like a hybrid between a Tele and a Jazzmaster.

Someone else just gave me the matching neck.

Holy crap. HNGD!
Congrats. I have had 4 or 5 of them. The lipstick pickup versions. Kinda loved them ... and kinda not. They are all sold now. I still want one. :D

Neilybob100

Bad Alice's reply to this video:

"Noncommittal Thanks! And god darn it, I miss all of you too Life is pretty busy right now - hence my extended RCF absence - but expect a return over the Xmas break. Looking forward to hearing what you’ve all been up to!"
Yay! Welcome back.

Can't believe YT categorised your video as comedy. How rude!

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk