What put a smile on your face today?

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
I FOUND THE SOURCE OF MY NOISE ISSUES!!!

I have flipped breakers. Unplugged fridge and freezer. Bought a power conditioner. Changed light bulbs from fluorescent to LED. The power conditioner really helped, but it was still in the background. Just not enough to effect me. Then I rebuild the Dime and for some reason this guitar really made that maddening electrical noise stand out. I thought it was the guitar. After doing everything I could think including soldering all the connections over, replacing tone cap and then tone pot, and shielding the cavity. I began to question my soldering abilities, which are not great but serviceable. Tonight I tried isolating my pedals and cables. I found that even plugging straight into the Amp I was having the same noise and running my dirt pedal on a battery had little effect.

I then turned my attention to the power strip I had the conditioner plugged into. It had a light plugged into it, my laptop charger, and a 1 spot pedal power brick plugged into it as well. I just started pulling cables out with the amp on. When I pulled the laptop charger out the noise went away completely!! The laptop wasn’t even plugged into the charger.

This is something that has bothered me for a couple years. I feel like a dolt because it took me this damn long to figure that out, but happy to have isolated the issue and it wasn’t my soldering skills at fault!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Scheduled for delivery this coming Tuesday. And then after I check it out thoroughly it will be hidden away and wrapped until Christmas. :bounce:
I had to promise that if I got it now. The price was just too good to pass up.
But that thorough check could damn well take weeks! ;)

Squier contemporary tele. Alnico humbuckers, 12" radius.

View attachment 37579
Nice, these caught my eye too. Congrats man.