What put a smile on your face today?

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Dear god I'm being battered! I found my self on the edge of the most pit and had to stand between Kerry and the crazy metal heads flying around. I didn't mind the bumping and stamping on feet but the slap to the back of the head had me turning around!

Kerry threw her pint over a 6' 7" guy for smashing into her then got in his face. It's all going off around here!

We're waiting for the headliner now. Bit of a mad night.

And as if on cue:

View attachment 37510

We found a balcony at the back, not so rough up here!
Aaaaaand now I got egged on the way back to the hotel! It's been a VERY mixed day.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
Yes. Normally a basswood body is on light side.
While I love my Les Paul Custom for it's weightyness, I really like to have my Stratocaster's nice and light. After I finish paying off for this FSR Strat, the guy who I've done loads of trades with in the last 5 years we've known each other, he owns in his private collection a Strat Plus Deluxe in trans blue (like my old Strat Plus Deluxe) which we have agreed a deal on, so I will eventually have another Strat Plus like the one that made me pick a guitar up in the music shop back in the mid 90's. This time I will not be selling it and will most likely mount a wall hanger in the new house (my folks still have not found a place that they can agree on, let alone ask my opinion) as my folks are going to make a small flat (apartment) for me to have more space, as I've spent the better part of 12 years confined in my room due to my constant pain from the spinal damage. I will enjoy looking at the guitar, like I do with my LP Custom.

I popped over to my guitar buddies place this evening, to help him finish off his pedal board, but also he's storing a lot of my less used guitar gear. He some how managed to get me to sell him some of my Boss pedals and it's meant I was able to pay off an extra £100 on the FSR Strat when I got home. So fingers crossed, I should be able to get this Strat before December. I am putting my Cannondale CAAD8 up for sale, which would cover the outstanding balance in one swoop and mean I wouldn't need my folks to chip in for my 40th Birthday present to myself.

Neilybob100

Last day of work before my holiday. I'll be seeing Chapter And Verse, Pengshui, Press To Meco and Shvapes tomorrow night and MC50, The Stranglers and Alice Cooper on Friday night. That's a lot of bands in two days! We're also doing The Black Country Living Museum, Drayton Manor Theme Park and a bunch of other stuff not to mention a day set aside for guitar shopping.

I've got a couple of things left to do tonight but I think I can finish in time to watch Ad Astra in the cinema. It's going to be a nice change to get away for a while.
I can confirm you are in for a treat. Loved MC50 with that classic rock sound. The Stranglers were great, awesome bass lines and the 71 year old headliner has still got it. hurricane Enita was outstanding.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
Dear god I'm being battered! I found my self on the edge of the mosh pit and had to stand between Kerry and the crazy metal heads flying around. I didn't mind the bumping and stamping on feet but the slap to the back of the head had me turning around!

Kerry threw her pint over a 6' 7" guy for smashing into her then got in his face. It's all going off around here!

We're waiting for the headliner now. Bit of a mad night.

And as if on cue:

View attachment 37510

We found a balcony at the back, not so rough up here!
Big fan of the Space Jam jumper/shirt/thing on the dude at the railing, there.
Quality concert-wear.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I tried two guitars at Guitar Guitar today, a £4,000(!) Suhr built for the shop and a second hand Caparison Horus. I've never played either of those brands before, it was an interesting experience. The Caparison had the chunkiest sound but the Suhr made it so easy to get different sounds by adjusting the volume and pickup selector.

On the whole though, both were rather underwhelming. I think it was down to setup more than anything, if the action is too high it just kills a guitar for me.

Then we hit PMT:

received_1155857084609494.jpeg

Daaaaaaaamn that's a big guitar wall! We spent our time in the acoustic section where Kerry tried 5 or 6 different guitars before she settled on this Taylor:

IMG_20191013_170545180.jpg

I didn't get a chance to try anything there but I think we might try to get back there tomorrow. There were some Fenders, an Ibanez semi acoustic and a PRS I'd like to try. Guitar shopping is fun!

Neilybob100

Tried my friends EVH 5150 iii head with 6L6 and 1x12 cab.

He only uses one effects pedal with it, a Eventide H9. Sounds amazing. Giving me GAS. Fender twang to Mesa ggrrr.

Very versatile amp.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
A while back I mentioned I did a thing. But the thing was back ordered. That doesn't work for me. I start thinking, rethinking, overthinking. I've now decided to wait with this thing so I cancelled it. The thing was a Fender Jim Root Tele in white. I wanted it so bad, untill it was ordered. Then all of the sudden, I didn't want it anymore. I have no clue why.

The part that put a smile on my face is that I just felt that I had to cancel it and for once I trusted my feelings and cancelled it. That's nice. That part I don't like is the part where I now really don't know what I want anymore. I think I will just play my custom made Tele for the time being.

A while back I mentioned I did a thing. But the thing was back ordered. That doesn't work for me. I start thinking, rethinking, overthinking. I've now decided to wait with this thing so I cancelled it. The thing was a Fender Jim Root Tele in white. I wanted it so bad, untill it was ordered. Then all of the sudden, I didn't want it anymore. I have no clue why.

The part that put a smile on my face is that I just felt that I had to cancel it and for once I trusted my feelings and cancelled it. That's nice. That part I don't like is the part where I now really don't know what I want anymore. I think I will just play my custom made Tele for the time being.
I believe @bad alice had a Jim Root tele and didn't get along with it. I was looking at one point a while back and decided against it. Just didn't fit the bill for what I wanted.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
We're back home, it was a fun trip over all. I spent time with a PRS and 3 Ibanez semi acoustics. I didn't get a pic of the PRS but this Ibanez was a beast:

IMG_20191014_152425151.jpg

The action was decked and it sounded huge (they had an amp like mine in the booth to try stuff) but the relicing was under the clear coat and I wasn't feeling it as a result, not for £1,000. The second Ibanez was a cheaper version of the relic stuff they do but it didn't compare to the other one. The last Ibanez was this one:

IMG_20191014_152200266.jpg

I came close to buying this one, it's a very pretty guitar and with a tweak on the action it would play amazingly well. I decided against it because it didn't scream "oh my god, you HAVE to buy this!" at me. Back to eBay for me I think.

I forgot about these two!

IMG_20191014_125059936.jpg

I was pretty drawn to the looks of the SG but £1,100 seemed to high for a second hand one and the Gordon Smith was cool too but I didn't feel like paying £729 for it. I'll pay a fair bit for the right guitar but just didn't feel like I found it today.

However, Kerry was all about business and bought this:

IMG_20191014_160504556.jpg

She loves it and I don't blame her, it's a great guitar. The coil split is really good.