What put a smile on your face today?

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
Thanks dude. I have always loved the "FSR" Strat's due to the matched painted headstock. I had a 1996 Fender FSR Stratocaster 40th anniversary in a deep red candy apple. It was on par with the '95 Strat Plus Deluxe I owned at the same time. I still wince thinking how on earth I stupidly sold them on.

This is a "MIJ" Strat model, has so many really positive reviews and will compliment my black and gold LP Custom. With it being a Japanese built guitar, I know it's going to feel pretty darn close to how a USA Strat feels (how the edges on the body feel more rounded and slimmer than a "MIM" Strat. The one quirky thing about this model, was the fact Fender used Basswood for the body, rather than Alder or Ash. I can't remember ever hearing about a Fender branded Strat using the stuff before. Considering most Ibanez RG's use the stuff, it's not something I would deem a negative.

The one negative it does have, is the vintage style truss-rod placement. You have the pop the neck off to adjust it, which is not something I want to ever have to put up with.

Sustainerplayer

On the edge of breakup
The one quirky thing about this model, was the fact Fender used Basswood for the body, rather than Alder or Ash. I can't remember ever hearing about a Fender branded Strat using the stuff before. Considering most Ibanez RG's use the stuff, it's not something I would deem a negative.
It was actually a 1980's MIJ Fender Strat with basswood body that turned me on to both Strats and basswood bodies. I have several guitars now with basswood bodies - absolutely top notch guitars.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
It was actually a 1980's MIJ Fender Strat with basswood body that turned me on to both Strats and basswood bodies. I have several guitars now with basswood bodies - absolutely top notch guitars.
I have had a couple RG's over the years and I thought they sounded and felt really well balanced. Is Basswood typically less dense (heavy) that what Alder and Maple are?

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Dear god I'm being battered! I found my self on the edge of the mosh pit and had to stand between Kerry and the crazy metal heads flying around. I didn't mind the bumping and stamping on feet but the slap to the back of the head had me turning around!

Kerry threw her pint over a 6' 7" guy for smashing into her then got in his face. It's all going off around here!

We're waiting for the headliner now. Bit of a mad night.

And as if on cue:

IMG_20191010_220424357.jpg

We found a balcony at the back, not so rough up here!

Last edited: