What put a smile on your face today?

johnniegoat

Stop, don’t, come back.
more time spent refreshing my guitars

the double bound tele had a "rosewood" neck. now it doesn't

7c25baeb-f9e2-4fa9-b635-c34d13c40d3e.jpg 9fad9005-cfee-46e3-9077-3fce6f008e18.jpg

then my homebuilt P Bass. it has a left handed body, so has always been unstable and neck heavy on a strap. was throwing out an old wok, which had a nice solid wooden handle. thought i would keep that as a sanding block. but the threaded hook that went through the handle? hmm?

neck heavy no more. its really tough and stable. had to pack the hole around the metal shaft as the drill drifted a little, but it really works

1105dc04-3814-4448-a53e-96f4a959742a.jpg cc0b1476-f831-4a28-8fb0-70f5a3d72dd0.jpg

finally - 30th ann copy of Sonic Temple arrived on double vinyl. and i had a walk in Henley today - got another couple of double albums in the Oxfam shop
236d41b0-2672-46d0-bfc8-814c162395ce.jpg

finally - sanded the oil off my red home build strat. its been primered and drying in preparation to become the world's first (?) Ford Nordic Blue strat. pics to follow

Neilybob100

more time spent refreshing my guitars

the double bound tele had a "rosewood" neck. now it doesn't

View attachment 37401 View attachment 37402

then my homebuilt P Bass. it has a left handed body, so has always been unstable and neck heavy on a strap. was throwing out an old wok, which had a nice solid wooden handle. thought i would keep that as a sanding block. but the threaded hook that went through the handle? hmm?

neck heavy no more. its really tough and stable. had to pack the hole around the metal shaft as the drill drifted a little, but it really works

View attachment 37403 View attachment 37404

finally - 30th ann copy of Sonic Temple arrived on double vinyl. and i had a walk in Henley today - got another couple of double albums in the Oxfam shop
View attachment 37405

finally - sanded the oil off my red home build strat. its been primered and drying in preparation to become the world's first (?) Ford Nordic Blue strat. pics to follow
Nice. Looks awesome.

Love Henley for a Summers day.

Can't wait to see the Strat finished.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Neilybob100

stayed up to late; had a hang over and had to get up early to take my son to football. they lost 6 - 0. the rain was torrential

however

had s fun evening with guitars, drinks and fun with a good friend (with added skype bonus with @GloopyJon and the missed robstafarian)

and my kid dealt with the lose like water off a ducks back. he was great as well
Taking the rough with the smooth.

How is Rob?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

had s fun evening with guitars, drinks and fun with a good friend (with added skype bonus with @GloopyJon and the missed robstafarian)
The chat was fun, it was nice to catch up with @johnniegoat's friend because I made a guitar for him last year and it was good to get some feedback on that - plus the feedback was surprisingly positive, so that was nice! :)
Hanging in there, but having some tough times recently from the sounds of it. It's good to have regular chats with him and give him a bit of moral support, at least.

metromusic

Negative, I am a meat popsicle
I've sold 2 guitars this week, and have 2 more up for sale. I'm glad I've moved on from the "I must keep everything I have" mentality to a "I must sell guitars I don't use to fund new ones". Since I'm making a transition to playing more bass, I don't need many of the guitars I have that were mainly backups for playing live with.

Granted, I've sold a couple that I wish I could keep, but I never play them so I would much rather someone else have some enjoyment out of them.