What put a smile on your face today?

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Howdy fellas,
I’ve been a bit absent on here of late and I thought I should explain why and why that’s likely to be the case until the end of August this year.
I’ve taken on a new role in the team I work for at the Uni and that means I’m now solely responsible for planning, organising and promoting (and generally ensuring everything runs as smoothly as a smoothly thing) a series of events around the UK to showcase some of the research we’ve been doing of late.
Having never done events management before it’s a pretty steep learning curve but I’m enjoying the challenge and all is going well.
However, this does mean I’m working a LOT more so I much less time - and inclination tbh - to spend my free time staring at a screen and writing content, particularly as ensuring I have time and space to empty my head, chill, play guitar and hang out with Mitch is a big part of keeping me well to ensure I’m at my best on the days I’m working.
I am still active on FB so if any of you want to catch me there you’ll find me under the name Suzy Gilchrist.
This job only lasts until 31st August so I’m fully anticipating being back and posting my usual quantities of assorted nonsense, gear lust and general bants come September.
I’m writing this because I don’t want any of you to have ANY concerns or worries about why I’m not around much just now.
All is fine.
I’m well.
Work is fab.
Mitch and Rippers are utterly splendid.
And guitars are a special, golden thing sent to bring us joy and inherent awesomeness.
Be good
And I’ll catch up with you all in September...
:hug:
:)

Last edited:

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Howdy fellas,
I’ve been a bit absent on here of late and I thought I should explain why and why that’s likely to be the case until the end of August this year.
I’ve taken on a new role in the team I work for at the Uni and that means I’m now solely responsible for planning, organising and promoting (and generally ensuring everything runs as smoothly as a smoothly thing) a series of events around the UK to showcase some of the research we’ve been doing of late.
Having never done events management before it’s a pretty steep learning curve but I’m enjoying the challenge and all is going well.
However, this does mean I’m working a LOT more so I much less time - and inclination tbh - to spend my free time staring at a screen and writing content, particularly as ensuring I have time and space to empty my head, chill, play guitar and hang out with Mitch is a big part of keeping me well to ensure I’m at my best on the days I’m working.
I am still active in FB so if any of you want to catch me there you’ll find me under the name Suzy Gilchrist.
This job only lasts until 31st August so I’m fully anticipating being back and posting my usual quantities of assorted nonsense, gear lust and general bants come September.
I’m writing this because I don’t want any of you to have ANY concerns or worries about why I’m not around much just now.
All is fine.
I’m well.
Work is fab.
And guitars are a special, golden thing sent to bring us joy and inherent awesomeness.
Be good
Good luck with it Suzy.

Howdy fellas,
I am still active on FB so if any of you want to catch me there you’ll find me under the name Suzy Gilchrist.
All is fine.
I’m well.
Work is fab.
Be good
Kicking ass and taking names, Good luck and enjoy Suzy! :)

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
There are people outside banging drums and others dancing with what looks like wings. I thought that was random until a giant bird came around the corner! Today is one of those WTF days. The cooling in the projection room is broken today so it's 30˚c in here, i thought I was seeing things for a second!

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I have a few days off work now. I'm going to have a chilled one today and then tomorrow I'll start sorting out the mess that has once again built up in the studio. It would be nice if I could actually reach my guitars!

Howdy fellas,
-explanation redacted - go ahead and scroll up to read it-
Was thinking about you the other day and wondering why you were conspicuously absent from these parts. This explanation makes me happy. :)

Also, hi guys. I'm being more active again, now that Life(tm) has decided to stop kicking me in the teeth. My own presence in this corner of the Internet also makes me happy. :)

Yesterdayness at the Desert Museum.

Crimson Star Adenium, or desert rose. A stunning succulent.
dm10.jpg

There's a walk-through hummingbird enclosure but those little suckers are hard to get good pictures of. It's great, though, because they have fun zipping around and dive-bombing people. :D

There's also a much larger aviary with all kinds of birds in it, but I didn't get good pics in their either. And at some point you just want to look and not take pictures anyway.

This toad was awesome. He followed me everywhere around his enclosure.
dm04.jpg

Lizards everywhere! Lots of butterflies throughout the area, too. It was just teeming with life all around us. The iguana in the second picture is not indigenous to the area. One of the early directors in the 1950s brought some back from a coastal trip and released them on the grounds. They are invasive, but not a threat to the ecology, so the members just keep close watch on numbers and movement.
dm06.jpg dm16.jpg

The desert goes on forever.
dm01.jpg dm20.jpg

Purple passionflower vine.
dm08.jpg

Us.
dm17.jpg

Scorpions under black light.
dm02.jpg

I love the desert.
dm07.jpg dm19.jpg dm18.jpg

Some young iguana siblings from the reptile & amphibian house.
dm05.jpg

A box of black widow spiders. I counted about 10, you can see a few of them in the foreground. Just makes me itchy looking at it. :confused:
dm03.jpg