What put a smile on your face today?

Sustainerplayer

On the edge of breakup
I'm thinking an Ibanez of some sort but I havn't been able to find one like that.
Close enough.

You are officially awarded with outstanding awesome points! :clap: :dance: :bounce:

It's this one RG1512: https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/RG1512

Quite the rare bird.

Some more pics from the seller:
DSC_0513.JPG

DSC_0529.JPG

If everything goes well it should be here tomorrow. :)

Wuzza

long time lurker
I've got 15 days off coming up in the next two months. I've spent my first two cleaning out all the clutter and things we never use in the kitchen as well as giving the cupboards a good clean. It's looking much better in there now, it quite astonishing how far a few plastic tubs wilh go to tidying up shelves.

Another thing that's putting a smile on my face is how dull this post is! :D
Grown upping? (Gronw-upping! :p) You're doing it right. :)

I've got 15 days off coming up in the next two months. I've spent my first two cleaning out all the clutter and things we never use in the kitchen as well as giving the cupboards a good clean. It's looking much better in there now, it quite astonishing how far a few plastic tubs wilh go to tidying up shelves.

Another thing that's putting a smile on my face is how dull this post is! :D
Blasting some tunes while cleaning and then gazing upon my clean shit is something I absolutely love.

in before @bad alice ; yes my turds look very nice after I'm done with them! ;):p

mirage2101

Google mailed me with a message that comes down to:
"Since you insist on hanging on to a storage plan from the stone age and we can't force you to pay for one of the more expensive models that gives you more storage then you need, we've decided it's not worth the hassle of invoicing you yearly so from now on you'll just get it for free"

Last edited:
A coworker who has been trying to learn to play guitar has a brother who keeps his gear at her house, and she learns on that.
But I guess he's got some expensive stuff and he's very controlling about it, so she has to ask him before she can use any of it. Yeah, even though she's doing him the favor of letting him store it at her house. She's not a dick, so when he was gone this past weekend on a fishing trip, and he asked not to be disturbed, she didn't play guitar and was bummed because it was a good chilly weekend for that kind of thing.

So this morning I put my red Kramer on her desk for her to borrow as long as she wants. :D She was so fuckin' excited.
It's got heavy strings on it so she can chug out beefy power chords for the metal she wants to play. :panda:

Baggy

A coworker who has been trying to learn to play guitar has a brother who keeps his gear at her house, and she learns on that.
But I guess he's got some expensive stuff and he's very controlling about it, so she has to ask him before she can use any of it. Yeah, even though she's doing him the favor of letting him store it at her house. She's not a dick, so when he was gone this past weekend on a fishing trip, and he asked not to be disturbed, she didn't play guitar and was bummed because it was a good chilly weekend for that kind of thing.

So this morning I put my red Kramer on her desk for her to borrow as long as she wants. :D She was so fuckin' excited.
It's got heavy strings on it so she can chug out beefy power chords for the metal she wants to play. :panda:
Faith in the human race restored, you're the man :)

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!

*nods and reaches into desk drawer*
9BC6B510-4360-4A24-875A-3D8C4B87CFF5.jpeg
You’re an absolute star, @beans & rice
:hug:
:)

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck

That's your awesome good deed of the day! I had one on Tuesday as well. It's was such a small gesture, but the guy was so happy I pointed it out. I was standing in line at a hardware store really only because it was the only way out and a guy was blocking the exit with some big boards. I hadn't bought anything, so I just needed to walk by, but couldn't. This other guy, holding two very long wood beams asked if I wanted to through. I said thanks, but I can't, because the other guy is blocking the way anyway. I then added: Oh, by the way, one of your beams is splitting along the length of it. They guy was so happy I pointed it out in the store so he could grab a new one in stead of getting home, discovering it, being angry, having to go back etc etc. It's a small gesture, but I made his day. That was nice.

In other things that made me smile. My grandmother won €60 worth of gift certificates for a book store and gave them to me. Turns out, the store also had videogames, so I was able to pre-order Super Mario Maker 2 on the Nintendo Switch for free!

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.

That's your awesome good deed of the day! I had one on Tuesday as well. It's was such a small gesture, but the guy was so happy I pointed it out. I was standing in line at a hardware store really only because it was the only way out and a guy was blocking the exit with some big boards. I hadn't bought anything, so I just needed to walk by, but couldn't. This other guy, holding two very long wood beams asked if I wanted to through. I said thanks, but I can't, because the other guy is blocking the way anyway. I then added: Oh, by the way, one of your beams is splitting along the length of it. They guy was so happy I pointed it out in the store so he could grab a new one in stead of getting home, discovering it, being angry, having to go back etc etc. It's a small gesture, but I made his day. That was nice.

In other things that made me smile. My grandmother won €60 worth of gift certificates for a book store and gave them to me. Turns out, the store also had videogames, so I was able to pre-order Super Mario Maker 2 on the Nintendo Switch for free!
There's a reason this forum is such a great place...good people. Nice one lads.

Sustainerplayer

On the edge of breakup
Sold my old Mac mini 2012 today. For much more than I paid almost 3 years ago.
The buyer was happy. I'm happy :)

So I did a thing. :cool:

Cause Ibanez keep doing things like this to me:

:mad:

Guess I'm officially a 22" scale guitar collector now :rolleyes: - this will be the 5. in the collection anyway ... :D
So it arrived ...

One of those finishes that look much better in person than on photographs. A kinda metallic mint green ...

IMG_3650.jpeg

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
Last Friday I had an back operation. They use these big needles, while I am under an live x-ray machine and hit my damaged nerves. They then run an electrical current through, burning my damaged nerves back. It's very painful to have done, as I am awake with no numbing, as I have to tell them how far down I can feel the pulses of electricty, as this lets them know how much of the nerve needs to be burnt back.

This is my 5th one, I was the very first person in Oxford to get this treatment done and each year that results are improving. My biggest problem . with my spinal damage is I get in a lot of pain sitting in a chair. Typically I can do about 30mins before I would get pain in the base of my back and so much pain in the joints of my hips. To my amazement, just 3 days after having the RF (Radio Frequencey Treatment) I was able to go for a short walk and managed to sit on my chair for longer and longer stints.

Typically, I have needed about 10-12 days to recover, but this time it's been a few days. Bar the really nasty bruises from when the big needles were used, I have recovered so fast. This morning I left the house at 10.30am in my Z4MR and was driving some of my local Hoon routes until just past lunch, with no negative effects really setting in that much. I quickly stopped at home and grabbed my polling card and voted in the EU elections. I won't say who I voted for, but I think secrectly our dear @bad alice would guess correctly :p lol.

My folks took my Cannondale CAAD8 to a new bike shop near us t'other day and the shop totally serviced and got the bike working perfectly, for the princely sum of £6!! My aim is to start cycling this summer as I need to work on my cardio, as the walking I typically do, is not enough to get rid of the weight I need to shift.

I also start a special course at the hospital, which is designed to help me mentally and physically deal with living in constant pain etc. While my pain and ability is different, I still need to use Opiates to control the baseline pain levels, as there is still damage in my back that can;t be fixed easily. But due to the meds, I am able to cope with the pain much better.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Last Friday I had an back operation. They use these big needles, while I am under an live x-ray machine and hit my damaged nerves. They then run an electrical current through, burning my damaged nerves back. It's very painful to have done, as I am awake with no numbing, as I have to tell them how far down I can feel the pulses of electricty, as this lets them know how much of the nerve needs to be burnt back.

This is my 5th one, I was the very first person in Oxford to get this treatment done and each year that results are improving. My biggest problem . with my spinal damage is I get in a lot of pain sitting in a chair. Typically I can do about 30mins before I would get pain in the base of my back and so much pain in the joints of my hips. To my amazement, just 3 days after having the RF (Radio Frequencey Treatment) I was able to go for a short walk and managed to sit on my chair for longer and longer stints.

Typically, I have needed about 10-12 days to recover, but this time it's been a few days. Bar the really nasty bruises from when the big needles were used, I have recovered so fast. This morning I left the house at 10.30am in my Z4MR and was driving some of my local Hoon routes until just past lunch, with no negative effects really setting in that much. I quickly stopped at home and grabbed my polling card and voted in the EU elections. I won't say who I voted for, but I think secrectly our dear @bad alice would guess correctly :p lol.

My folks took my Cannondale CAAD8 to a new bike shop near us t'other day and the shop totally serviced and got the bike working perfectly, for the princely sum of £6!! My aim is to start cycling this summer as I need to work on my cardio, as the walking I typically do, is not enough to get rid of the weight I need to shift.

I also start a special course at the hospital, which is designed to help me mentally and physically deal with living in constant pain etc. While my pain and ability is different, I still need to use Opiates to control the baseline pain levels, as there is still damage in my back that can;t be fixed easily. But due to the meds, I am able to cope with the pain much better.
You don't have to answer if you don't want to and I may have missed it if you have already mentioned it, but what caused your back issues?

SemiCullen

Still haven't got the hang of Thursdays

I have also struggled with back issues through the years. Mine are herniated discs. I've had two surgeries to deal with them, but still have a lot of nerve damage. I have struggled with a variety of therapies, but basically just deal with the pain. Mine doesn't appear to be anywhere near as severe as yours, though.

Have you ever used a TENS unit to see how that helps? I bought one quite a few years ago and sometimes it's the only way I can get to sleep.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
You don't have to answer if you don't want to and I may have missed it if you have already mentioned it, but what caused your back issues?
A number of things, as I am over 6'4" there has always been a strain on my lower back. For a number of years when I worked for the NHS as at Orthopeadic hospital, my bitch of a "boss" made me work at a desk that was too low and small for me. Also the chairs were too small. Because I was always on a phone and computer, I was leaning forward all the time. This constant strain on my lower back caused my L5 disc to prolaps VERY badly, this trapped two main nerves on the left side of my spine.

They had to do a very big and serious operation to cut away part of the disc and free up these nerves. I suffered heavy internal scarring which crushed the nerves, causing perminate damage. Then as the years went by, the added stain on my lower back, has caused more nerves and joints to suffer damage, which the hospital accepted liability for, about a year after they fired me due to all the time I needed off.

For years, I was leaning over to my right subconsciously, which has caused more wear on joints etc. It's a long complex story and it could all have been avoided if my requests to have my workspace set up properly were listened to.

Felix

Addicted to Grunge
I have also struggled with back issues through the years. Mine are herniated discs. I've had two surgeries to deal with them, but still have a lot of nerve damage. I have struggled with a variety of therapies, but basically just deal with the pain. Mine doesn't appear to be anywhere near as severe as yours, though.

Have you ever used a TENS unit to see how that helps? I bought one quite a few years ago and sometimes it's the only way I can get to sleep.
I have been approved to have a spinal implant stimulator fitted to me down the line. I need to do a few things before I can have the op. This device puts an electrod pad onto the spinal cord and sends pulses which scrambles the constant pain signals from my nerves. I have spoken to a number of people who have had this and it's life changing. It's a very fucking big operation to have it done and it's about £30,000+ to have done (if it wasn't on the NHS).

If you like, we can chat more about this 1 to 1 in private (don't want to bore people too much on the boards) and I can go over your options. When I was working in the Orthopeadic hospital before I was moved into IT, I worked with the upper limb and spinal teams, organising their out paitents clinic.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
A number of things, as I am over 6'4" there has always been a strain on my lower back. For a number of years when I worked for the NHS as at Orthopeadic hospital, my bitch of a "boss" made me work at a desk that was too low and small for me. Also the chairs were too small. Because I was always on a phone and computer, I was leaning forward all the time. This constant strain on my lower back caused my L5 disc to prolaps VERY badly, this trapped two main nerves on the left side of my spine.

They had to do a very big and serious operation to cut away part of the disc and free up these nerves. I suffered heavy internal scarring which crushed the nerves, causing perminate damage. Then as the years went by, the added stain on my lower back, has caused more nerves and joints to suffer damage, which the hospital accepted liability for, about a year after they fired me due to all the time I needed off.

For years, I was leaning over to my right subconsciously, which has caused more wear on joints etc. It's a long complex story and it could all have been avoided if my requests to have my workspace set up properly were listened to.
That sounds quite shitty. Hang in there!

The situation with the desks was the same when I started working where I work now. Thankfully we moved building 2 years ago and with that came brand new furniture that we can each modify to our own liking. Strangely, I'm the only one who has spent time getting my desk to the right height and only a handful of us spent time to set up our chairs to our liking.