What put a smile on your face today?

There's a really good interview with Fripp on Reverb. It's from 1991, unpublished before now.
Some good knowledge there, but I swear that man is as dry as a fucking cracker.
It was cool that the link showed up in my email today, because I was listening to the 80s KC albums at work today. :D

I am a collector of things. Not a hoarder, I have my urges well under control and am very picky when it comes to what I add to my collections. People know not to buy me things when it comes to my interests, because I follow very confusing rules that I make the fuck up as I go. :D:p:bounce:

Except when it comes to guitar picks. Thank goodness they're small and cheap, because I am a certified pick junkie. I have more than enough picks to wear down before I die, but I add stuff a lot. Only rule I have is nothing thinner than .60mm.
For example, I saw that I could get 72 Fender heavy jazz picks for $5 delivered. So, I got 'em. :confused: I've got a wood box where I keep all of the overflow from the handful I usually keep in a small tin for quick access. Depending on what I'm playing, both the guitar and the style, I find different picks to be useful.
I'm gonna need a bigger box soon. :frog:

ed lespaul

Picked up another project guitar. It's a strat copy, and it was in really poor shape. Can't complain for $28. It had a ton of little scratches on it, and I was going to leave it, but decided to break out my polisher and buffed the scratches out. Took about a half hour to clean it up, but it looks damn good now, with a few small dents/deeper scratches so that you know it's been played.

After working on the guitar, off and on, for the last 2 days, it's now a really nice guitar, ready for CL.

I am a collector of things. Not a hoarder, I have my urges well under control and am very picky when it comes to what I add to my collections. People know not to buy me things when it comes to my interests, because I follow very confusing rules that I make the fuck up as I go. :D:p:bounce:

Except when it comes to guitar picks. Thank goodness they're small and cheap, because I am a certified pick junkie. I have more than enough picks to wear down before I die, but I add stuff a lot. Only rule I have is nothing thinner than .60mm.
For example, I saw that I could get 72 Fender heavy jazz picks for $5 delivered. So, I got 'em. :confused: I've got a wood box where I keep all of the overflow from the handful I usually keep in a small tin for quick access. Depending on what I'm playing, both the guitar and the style, I find different picks to be useful.
I'm gonna need a bigger box soon. :frog:
My man! I got Bugs Bunny looking out for my picks:

I do need to take some stock soon as the glass is now only half full!

This also reminded me of the Dead Pick thread, of which I also have established a collection! :p www.robchapman.tv/forum/index.php?threads/Dead-pick-thread%2E.38782/&share_type=t

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
2 randomn acts of kindness in one morning.
Context first: due to my mental health problems I’m entitled to a travel card that gives me a discount on the train and free bus travel in my area/State. Anyway, this needs renewed every 5 years as a matter of course and that requires some form filling by me and my Psych Nurse plus a passport photo of my mug. My previous pass ran out at the beginning of last week and life stuff mixed with general disorganisation meant that I’d forgotten to get a new one before that happened. Long story short; I’ll be paying full fare on trains and buses till my new card comes through next week. Bearing in mind that means my work commute will cost me £13 rather than the usual £6 that’s a bit of a hit to my wallet. All my fault but harrumph anyway.
However last Thursday?
1. After having a set of passport photos taken at my local Timpsons (and having a lovely chat with the guy who works there - and guess what? The dude has a super old acoustic valued at £20,000 FFS! Slight tangent: I love how guitars bring people together:)) Anyway, the general disorganisation I mentioned above kicked in and it turns out I put the set of pics in a *safe place*...we all know how that turns out right? So, I headed back to Timpsons to cough for another set but...he wouldn’t accept payment - “shit happens” - and sent me out the door with a fresh set of mug shots and unexpected-genuinely-surprised warm glow in my heart!
2. I walked straight to the station to jump in the train to work and was buying my full price ticket to work when the guy behind the glass asks “Not getting a concession as usual, Suzy?” I explained the above^ and he replied “Here’s a concession ticket. If any ticket guys on the train have any issues with that get them to phone Helensburgh station and we’ll have your back.” Concesssion ticket bought. Warm glow in heart now fast approaching lava heat levels.

There ARE good people out there.
I guess, in a world where bad people tend to make much more noise and dominate, it’s easy to feel beaten down and lose hope.
But they ARE out there.
And now it’s time for me to go pay those acts of kindness to me forward to others...
:)

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Had my first gig with my current band last Saturday. It was not at all what we expected. We are an Alternative Hard Rock band, but our vocalist is pregnant, so we postponed looking for gigs until after her baby is delivered. It's all fine, and her baby is more important, but the timing sucks, because we were just about ready to hit the stage having finished writing songs good enough for a 1 hour set. We have more, but we scrapped a bunch because we just didn't dig them anymore.

Our vocalist then came up with an idea. Her boyfriend and her were going to throw one big party to celebrate their birthdays, their pregnancy and their new home. She thought it would be cool if we did an acoustic set at the party. The set would be about half an hour, because most of her friends would not be paying attention anyway. Maybe about 5 people would actually come in to see us. The rest would be in the yard, having drinks and talking.

We expected it to be just that. Us in a corner playing. About 5 people digging it. And 20 people in the yard. It turned out to be 60 people of which at least 50 crammed into her living room to see us play a very fun acoustic set. We even made some people cry with one of our more emotionally loaded songs. We got a really loud ovation and many many compliments afterwards. Everybody apparently expected us to just play some songs, but nobody expected to actually dig our songs.

What a night! I'm still on a high from it all. It was so much fun and such a great gig. We are considering doing more of these acoustic gigs up until our vocalist gives birth. When she's recovered from that, we will start looking for regular gigs.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Sold my old Mac mini 2012 today. For much more than I paid almost 3 years ago.
The buyer was happy. I'm happy :)

So I did a thing. :cool:

Cause Ibanez keep doing things like this to me:

:mad:

Guess I'm officially a 22" scale guitar collector now :rolleyes: - this will be the 5. in the collection anyway ... :D
I liked the white one, but the color on this one is awesome! Love it!