What put a smile on your face today?

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Finally decided I should get around to ordering new tubes for my Panama amp. It probably needed them a LONG time ago, due to "issues" with the existing ones, but I wasn't sure what to get, and they seemed expensive and weren't returnable, so I never bothered.
Now, I've researched, picked, and ordered, and, hopefully, I got everything right and will have a nicer-sounding, more Tung-Sol-y amp, very soon.
Excited, though concerned about my ability to break literally everything, at the same time...
New valves can make a ton of difference!
Just BE CAREFUL and remember the “one hand in a pocket” rule when it comes to fiddling about with amp innards @everfreetree
:cold:
:)

bad alice

I was being asked by someone if I have any mantras or sayings that I dig out when times are rough?
I definitely do and it’s a passage I feel a lot of people can relate to.
Thought I’d share it with you guys?
I read it first in a book called “The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying” by Sogyal Rinpoche but I have no idea if that’s where this originates.
Anyway, here goes:

I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in.
I am lost…I am hopeless
Another person comes by and helps me to find a way out.

I walk down the same street.
I fall in again.
It takes a long time but I climb out on my own.

I see it there.
I still fall in…it’s a habit.
My eyes are open.
I know where I am.
I get out immediately.

I walk around it.

I walk down another street.

Sustainerplayer

On the edge of breakup
I was being asked by someone if I have any mantras or sayings that I dig out when times are rough?
I definitely do and it’s a passage I feel a lot of people can relate to.
Thought I’d share it with you guys?
I read it first in a book called “The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying” by Sogyal Rinpoche but I have no idea if that’s where this originates.
Anyway, here goes:

I walk down the street.
I fall in.
I am lost…I am hopeless
Another person comes by and helps me to find a way out.

I fall in again.
It takes a long time but I climb out on my own.

I see it there.
I still fall in…it’s a habit.
My eyes are open.
I know where I am.
I get out immediately.

I walk around it.

I walk down another street.

Food for thought-stuff. :)

There's a song waiting to be written here.

Finally got a pedal I've been wanting for years: The Boss FBM-1.
Even though it made sense with Fender releasing their own pedals, I hadn't considered that the Legend Series was discontinued until I heard Pete mention it in an Andertons video last week. Started looking for one of these and noticed the second hand prices was really weird; They sell at normal prices but are listed at ridiculous prices (more than the original retail price).

After not finding it at a reasonable price (or with unreasonably high shipping cost) I went to a small Swedish version of Reverb and found a new ad (4 hours) for a mint condition one at about £40 and had to go for it.

IMG_9364SM.jpg

With the FRV-1 I've been using for years I have two of the three Legend-series pedals but I'm still on the fence with the FDR-1. It might be nice to have a complete collection but at the same time it's not really a pedal I would use, unlike these two.

IMG_9368SM.jpg

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
Finally got a pedal I've been wanting for years: The Boss FBM-1.
Even though it made sense with Fender releasing their own pedals, I hadn't considered that the Legend Series was discontinued until I heard Pete mention it in an Andertons video last week. Started looking for one of these and noticed the second hand prices was really weird; They sell at normal prices but are listed at ridiculous prices (more than the original retail price).

After not finding it at a reasonable price (or with unreasonably high shipping cost) I went to a small Swedish version of Reverb and found a new ad (4 hours) for a mint condition one at about £40 and had to go for it.

View attachment 36657

With the FRV-1 I've been using for years I have two of the three Legend-series pedals but I'm still on the fence with the FDR-1. It might be nice to have a complete collection but at the same time it's not really a pedal I would use, unlike these two.

View attachment 36658
Lucky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bad alice

Picking something up tomorrow.
A *something* that I’m very, VERY excited about.
A *something* that’s...been away...for a while.

The cool part is that after I pick it up I’m STRAIGHT off to rehearsal with it to ROCK MY HEAD OFF.

Should my head remain attached
I’ll be back later with more...

Oh, and PICS.

ed lespaul

I don't know if it makes me smile, as much as I am relieved that I returned the LynchBox to GC for repairs. After it's repaired, I can buy it back again. It was really weighing on my sanity.

The salesman told me to look into Synergy Amps, since they have the same type of modular power amps.