What put a smile on your face today?

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
When your friend’s going on holiday for a week
And asks you to look after his Custom Shop Gibson Les Paul that’s loaded with Seymour Duncan Antiquities and a ridiculously high spec 50s harness and set up with Jimmy Page inspired switching...
View attachment 36133
View attachment 36132
It’s rude to say no, right?
:cold:
:)
Did it come with the condition of giving it back after holiday???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ed lespaul

And asks you to look after his Custom Shop Gibson Les Paul that’s loaded with Seymour Duncan Antiquities and a ridiculously high spec 50s harness and set up with Jimmy Page inspired switching...
View attachment 36133
View attachment 36132
Play it until you find something you don’t like about it. If you don’t find anything, you know you want a Les Paul!!!!

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
When I was five I joined a new school
And they lined all the new kids up to meet the Headmaster.
He walked along the line asking us all how we were and what we wanted to be when we grew up
All was going fine till he came to me in the line and asked “And what do YOU want to be when you grow up, Suzy?”
“A potato” I fired straight back.
He nodded, took out a pen and wrote my name down in a little black notebook that he ad in his pocket.

Never EVER give up on your dreams folks...
When I went to a new primary school the headmaster welcomed me by saying "I hope you can fight"! I was 6! I had visions of having to hire the A-Team to sort things out. :D

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Since I was all geared up to clean the Maverick but found the neck crack I decided to give my Heafy some love.

IMG_20190210_125530452.jpg

Three frets done, 19 to go!

IMG_20190210_131458122.jpg

By now I've done all the frets, oiled the board, cleaned the guitar and applied wax/polish. I'm just waiting for it to dry so I can buff it up and put on some new strings. It needs a new battery too, I think I have one.

I'll post a pic when I'm done.

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Since I was all geared up to clean the Maverick but found the neck crack I decided to give my Heafy some love.

View attachment 36135

Three frets done, 19 to go!

View attachment 36136

By now I've done all the frets, oiled the board, cleaned the guitar and applied wax/polish. I'm just waiting for it to dry so I can buff it up and put on some new strings. It needs a new battery too, I think I have one.

I'll post a pic when I'm done.
The polish is pretty good!

IMG_20190210_204843159.jpg IMG_20190210_205712186.jpg

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
View attachment 36133
View attachment 36132
Where can I get friends like that? Veeeeeery nice!

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I’m the one standing, circa 1996/97. No harness. Just walking the walking beam.

Rather you than me! I don't mind heights if I know I can't fall (I've been up on a scissor lift to work on arena lights in the roof without a problem) but that would make me nervous.

drittal

Nerd on the Prairie
Rather you than me! I don't mind heights if I know I can't fall (I've been up on a scissor lift to work on arena lights in the roof without a problem) but that would make me nervous.
TBH, when I started I was not comfortable with heights, and I am not now either. You get used to it. I got put in a man basket and lifted over a hundred feet to inspect a smoke stack my second week on the job and nearly died of nerves. Lol.