What put a smile on your face today?

Neilybob100

I had a day off today so I had plenty of time to go for a ride.

The rides I've been doing lately have been about getting used to climbing hills but today I was going for distance. I followed the cycle path from Felinheli to Bryncir and back, it took around 5 hours and covered 32 miles according to Google.

I stopped at the café in the garden centre in Bryncir when I got there, my thighs were on fire. I ate a scone and had a coke to pick me up for the return journey plus it was nice and warm in there. I would usually have some water and fruit/nut bar but felt I needed more, I was actually a bit worried about making it back!

I'll admit this ride utterly pushed my limits and the trip back was pretty hard but I got there eventually! My thighs are sore as hell! Something tells me I'm going to be feeling this ride for a few days.
Nice! 29"?

Man I miss mtbing, as it was called back I used to race. I have a full sus gathering dust in the shed

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Nice! 29"?

Man I miss mtbing, as it was called back I used to race. I have a full sus gathering dust in the shed

Yeah, it's a 29er. It's a Voodoo Bizango https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bi...go-29er-mens-mountain-bike-16-18-20-22-frames . It was on offer earlier in the year and it's won hardtail of the year under £750 in MBR magazine three times now I think including this year. Considering I paid £520 for it I'm quite impressed with the spec on it. I get a few weird looks from some people because it's a Halfords bike but it's performance speaks for itself, I like it.

I'd love a full sus down the line, good ones seem soooooooo expensive though! What kind of racing did you do?

Neilybob100

Yeah, it's a 29er. It's a Voodoo Bizango https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bi...go-29er-mens-mountain-bike-16-18-20-22-frames . It was on offer earlier in the year and it's won hardtail of the year under £750 in MBR magazine three times now I think including this year. Considering I paid £520 for it I'm quite impressed with the spec on it. I get a few weird looks from some people because it's a Halfords bike but it's performance speaks for itself, I like it.

I'd love a full sus down the line, good ones seem soooooooo expensive though! What kind of racing did you do?
Downhill all the way which is a bit of a challenge in Berkshire but it's ok.

I bought a Kona Stinky Deelux frame and moved all of the parts from my Team Marin bone shaker. Invested in long travel Fox forks and pointed downwards. Was great fun.

Best experience I had was a full week mountain biking in Austria. At the end of the week the guide said we'd only cycled 150miles but we'd climped the same height as Everett base camp! Man that was a lot of sitting in the granny ring going very slowly up but the downhills went on forever!

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Downhill all the way which is a bit of a challenge in Berkshire but it's ok.

I bought a Kona Stinky Deelux frame and moved all of the parts from my Team Marin bone shaker. Invested in long travel Fox forks and pointed downwards. Was great fun.

Best experience I had was a full week mountain biking in Austria. At the end of the week the guide said we'd only cycled 150miles but we'd climped the same height as Everett base camp! Man that was a lot of sitting in the granny ring going very slowly up but the downhills went on forever!

Awesome stuff man!

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
For the first time in 2 weeks I got to work on time because there were no traffic jams and I could take the normal, quickest road that I normally take. For two weeks there have been so many accidents in the exact same place and trucks breaking down in the middle of the road. So annoying. But not today! Today is a good day!

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
The weather. It's like a summer day out there, sunshine, warm breeze and not a cloud in the sky! It really has put a smile on my face, I thought it would be months before we saw this kind of weather again. Shame I don't have the day off!

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Gronw how far away from you is this place https://www.bikeparkwales.com, looks like a cool place to go for the day.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
It's a bit under 4 hours away from me. There's no shortage of Mountain Bike centres in Wales http://www.mbwales.com/mountain-bike-centres/ . Antur stiniog is the closest at an hour away but the only one I've been to so far is Beics Brenin, that was awesome. I haven't sorted out a bike rack for the car yet, it's on the to do list for sure, I really want to go to the different centres.

Alpheus

RNA MUSIC OWNER
That’s great, man. It’s nice to not be hit with interest charges every month.
so good. once we looked at the total amount we were paying out in cc payments and bank loans we realized something.

1. We're Rich.

2. We don't have any money.

3. We're giving banks all our money.

4. If we were not paying out those payments each month and instead shoving those payments into our OWN bank account somewhere..... we could literally buy anything we want (outside of a trip to hawaii) in just a few months. New refrigerator? BAM pay cash for it. New clothes dryer because ours is 30 yrs old... BAM. pay cash.

New PRS for Ryan? BAMMMM..... wait..... ok new USED PRS for ryan.... BAAAAAMMMM. well, maybe. lol

Invest for upcoming retirement that is encroaching every day.... BAM!