What put a smile on your face today?

Discussion in 'General' started by Monty888, Feb 27, 2010.

1. DrHankWanfordSnr

DrHankWanfordSnr That's not new, its always been there.

...and the guitar collection will grow to [rack capacity] plus 1.....
    my 9 space rack has 12 axes in it - removing the wee division posts makes for a more tightly packed rack
    [​IMG]
    [in other news - the bath towel wrapped/glued around the supports is very lacquer friendly in that it doesn't marr the surface]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  2. alonious_monk

alonious_monk Permanently Tired

Awesome news! I'll let the wife know as I currently have 5 and she thinks that's the max ;)

In other news my 5yrs old twins Lily and Rosie's bouncing up and down on the trampoline with two ball down their top shouting "boooooooobies ARE THE BEST!"

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

3. Strigidae

Strigidae I like owls.

YouTube Channel:
    Kebbe666
    I always assumed the DiMarzio pickup in my 83/84 Yamaha Strat was a fake, removed the scratchplate and could confirm it was real.. a Fast Track 2. I bought that guitar for the same price as the pickup alone. :cold:

4. GloopyJon

GloopyJon Woof!

This exchange on Facebook put a big smile on my face over the weekend!
    [​IMG]

If Ambler starts doing courses, I'll be there like a shot!

5. alonious_monk

My pedal has turned up, 2 days late and I got called in to work so can't try it out but still...silver linings :D

6. ed lespaul

ed lespaul Well-Known Member

7. Robstafarian

Robstafarian The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufus”

8. Robstafarian

Almost 21 months to the day since I reduced my computer upgrade to core components in order to manage my finances properly, I have finally ordered new hard drives! This will allow me to retire my three oldest hard drives, the oldest of which is 8½ years old.

Reassigning the remaining hard drives will triple my capacity for games and, hopefully, solve some performance problems.

GloopyJon likes this.
  9. alonious_monk

Shame I can't try it out tonight [​IMG]

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

10. beans & rice

beans & rice Well-Known Member

Sometimes, all the time, really, it's a better idea to wake up without the hope of offending anyone. :)
    Might be a rapidly disappearing ideal, but it still mostly works, far as I can tell.

bad alice likes this.
  11. johnniegoat

johnniegoat Stop, don’t, come back.

i've seen the satchel profile in toneprint, used it as well. huge error

i know its a "joke" (side note - its been a while since the lines blurred as to where Steel Panther ends and the real people start....), and if you buy a CD or go to a gig, fair enough. even in the songs, there is context and some self-deprication

but the toneprint is a app used by a lot of people - and some people are offended by the word "pussy"; others you don't want to see it

i wouldn't be happy if my kids used that word, so i would not allow them to use the app as that would be me tacitly approving its use

if i opened whatsapp or trainline or my Boss Tuner app and found the words like pussy, slut, etc i would not care if it was done in jest, i would not be happy

further, the issues getting women to engage with guitar are already their - TC have really dropped a bollock on this. thicko blokes might find it funny, but most women will find the phrase "pussy melter" at best moronic

ps - the snowflakes tend to be those complaining when they discover their free speech include the right to respond and / or ignore

12. beans & rice

beans & rice Well-Known Member

My body hates me today. The aches from falling yesterday kept me up throughout the night as they rooted in their various places, and made this morning a real suckfest.
    So, I handled my business, left, and am sitting here with my new yellow guitar and pickley pedal, ignoring the pain and making up shit that can only exist because of a fuzz pedal. :D Stoner grooves, ahoy!
    Sounds like angry bees attacking a weedeater. With a phaser. :bee::alien:

13. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett I am the projectionist.

Yellow guitars make everything better.

14. Robstafarian

I finally managed to kill a Level 26 archgriffin, whilst Level 19, in The Witcher 3.

Andeus and bad alice like this.
  15. drittal

drittal Well-Known Member

If I was a pedal maker I’d find one of those tone print and clone it and then I make a pedal that would be wrapped in a realistic looking skin of a woman’s abdomen covered in sweat droplets and the knobs would be labeled Moan wetness and thrust it would all come wrapped in a bag that’s half Merkin and half American flag the box would be packed not with shipping peanuts or stupid bubble wrap it would be packed solid with Trojan magnum condoms because America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. ed lespaul

ed lespaul Well-Known Member

Wow, I forgot about this one

DrHankWanfordSnr likes this.
  17. bad alice

bad alice Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!

It’s been a busy few days for me and next week looks even busier
    BUT...
    That doesn’t mean that cool guitar-related stuff hasn’t happened!
    I picked Joker up from GuitarGuitar yesterday and he’s now has his wring upgraded and reverted back to just a 5-way blade. It makes his switching much more intuitive to use and simpler all round. Which when I’m playing, singing and switching between sounds on the Helix ALL AT THE SAME TIME:cold: is a very good thing.
    :)
    Plus, since his MIM body is a teensy bit shallower in depth than a US Strat I’d added a reverse shim and modern stainless steels saddles a while back to accommodate the extra height his Strat Plus neck demands. Annoyingly, after multiple attempts at trying to sort this out he still wasn’t playing exactly as I’d hoped. Thanks to Billy at GG that’s ALL SORTED now though!:dance:
    Plus I lightly and carefully sanded the back of his neck last night so the sticky poly finish is gone for good.
    Wow, what a guitar! What a neck! And those Dimarzio’s rule!
    And he’s making his debut performance at rehearsal tonight as a result.
    Pic because AWESOME...
    [​IMG]

18. Tankman

Tankman Well-Known Member

@bad alice, love the color on Joker! What pickups are those?

Robstafarian likes this.
  19. bad alice

bad alice Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!

Thanks @Tankman
    Joker started out as a Fender MIM Blacktop Strat but I’ve gradually been upgrading him over the last few years so that only his pale sonic blue body remains of the original guitar
    The pickups are a Dimarzio Tone Zone (bridge) and a Dimarzio Air Norton (neck).
    The 5-way blade offers some really cool sounds (see below) and the Dimarzio’s really make those options sing!
    [​IMG]

20. GloopyJon

GloopyJon Woof!

Love the purple tuner knobs! :)

Robstafarian and bad alice like this.