What put a smile on your face today?

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
The GR-33 is a great unit!!! Enjoy!!!

I have the GR-55 and it's simply amazing. Just when you think you have learned everything it does, you find something additional that blows you away.
Will it [the GR-55] output the midi information to trigger a different synth instrument- external to the unit ? [hijack underway] The Boss Sy won't - otherwise i'd have had one in a shot.

Last edited:

johnniegoat

Stop, don’t, come back.
I keep eyeing the GR-55 and the Boss Sy-300 as 'things I'd like to try. Getting a full on guitar synth or getting midi from the guitar into my pc to trigger the many hundreds of Kontakt instruments appears to be one of my long term hobbies.

They're on my 'list'.... ..One day they'll come up used at Richtone....
as well as the 2 units, i have a splitter to try, so can run both simulateously

i am also going to look at triggering the GR33 from a keyboard

Don't like griping too much about my shit, but, because of some shit, I came home today at 8:30 after few hours of work and decided to, slowly, do some swapping. A painless enough idea, I hoped. So, bad turned into good. :) I'm getting paid still, so no loss there.

Put the old neck back on Toad, my P90 Squier strat. Set it back up and am happy with things. The aged maple neck was just too temperamental (read: cheap) to enjoy. It was just a visual change anyway, so I'm happier with it functionally now. Also strung it with some Darco 8s I got with my latest batch of stuff from Strings and Beyond.

They were cheap and shipping was free, and I was already getting other stuff, so I added a few packs of 8s and 9s to try them. They sound a little thin, but maybe I just need to get used to 8s. They feel good and are easy as shit to manipulate, had 11s on before. Dirtied up my fingertips a bit, but that's okay. They're staying in tune after breaking them in some.

Also going to put the tuners I had on the maple neck on the new tele, so no more slipping and contant tuning tweaks.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
I’ve had a CRAZY week
Something huge (work related) happened for me yesterday and, in the social media world we live in, it’s required me to spend a ton of time on Twitter and answering emails.
So far all communications about the “thing” have been really positive which has been wonderful.
We talk so much of the hatred some are eager to spread in this communication driven world of us - so it’s really been lovely to be at the centre of so much generous and positive feedback.
There’s good out there
I just wish the minority who hate weren’t so goddamn loud about it...
:)

I’ve had a CRAZY week
Something huge (work related) happened for me yesterday and, in the social media world we live in, it’s required me to spend a ton of time on Twitter and answering emails.
So far all communications about the “thing” have been really positive which has been wonderful.
We talk so much of the hatred some are eager to spread in this communication driven world of us - so it’s really been lovely to be at the centre of so much generous and positive feedback.
There’s good out there
I just wish the minority who hate weren’t so goddamn loud about it...
That’s awesome, and what about your big GAS attack? Is the item of lust still available?! (Saw the PRS on Facebook)

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
That’s awesome, and what about your big GAS attack? Is the item of lust still available?! (Saw the PRS on Facebook)
Busted!:D
Long story short: the PRS is departing. It’s fhhking BEAUTIFUL...but so much so that it scares me a little. I’m not bonding with it at all and it’s mad when the most expensive guitar I own isn’t making the Top 3 (Max, Hyde, Rogue in case you were wondering:)). It’s currently sitting on eBay - they have a £3 only seller fee deal on right now - so hopefully it’ll be sold soon.
The item of lust?
Is out of reach for my budget:( Although rest assured, I threw all of my haggling-ninja-Jedi skills at it. It could take the seller a while to recover:cold::D
But hey.
Do I have a back up plan?
OF-BLOODY-COURSE I HAVE A BACK UP PLAN!
A new (used), much more appropriately priced, not-scarily-beautiful guitar is incoming.
I’m excited.
And the plan will begin...

Last edited:

AngusWolfe

Likes red things.
Busted!:D
Long story short: the PRS is departing. It’s fhhking BEAUTIFUL...but so much so that it scares me a little. I’m not bonding with it at all and it’s mad when the most expensive guitar I own isn’t making the Top 3 (Max, Hyde, Rogue in case you were wondering:)). It’s currently sitting on eBay - they have a £3 only seller fee deal on right now - so hopefully it’ll be sold soon.
The item of lust?
Is out of reach for my budget:( Although rest assured, I threw all of my haggling-ninja-Jedi skills at it. It could take the seller a while to recover:cold::D
But hey.
Do I have a back up plan?
OF-BLOODY-COURSE I HAVE A BACK UP PLAN!
A new (used), much more appropriately priced, not-scarily-beautiful guitar is incoming.
I’m excited.
And the plan will begin...
Is it a Patrick James Eggle? Because it should be a Patrick James Eggle.

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
Hanging out via an email chat with Ron Sperzel
We bonded over the necessity for purple satin locking tuners on a Joker themed guitar.
Lovely bloke...
Funfact: When looking up pictures of Ron Sperzel to see if I recognized his face from anywhere, one of the results was, in fact, Ron Jeremy.
I don't know why I should be surprised, honestly.
I blame this forum.