What put a smile on your face today?

Robstafarian

The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufus”
I forgot to include few points regarding the Ceriatone 2202 when I wrote my 800+ word post yesterday. What has made me smile for a few days now has been geeking out with deep dives into Plexi history and the architectures of both the 2203 and 2204 (thanks to Rob Robinette). This led me to an even deeper appreciation for the Ceriatone 2202, as it is clear that Nik Azam (Ceriatone founder) has undersold it as a “20W version of a 2204, with some extras” (paraphrasing).

The Ceriatone 2202 is in fact a hybrid of a 2203 and a 2204, adapted to a 20W platform, which (dare I say it) corrects some of the mistakes Marshall made in the 2204's design. The most obvious difference (comparing Ceriatone's layouts for the 2203, 2204 [both of which are based on the original Marshall configurations], and 2202) is that: the 2203 has six filter capacitors; the 2204 has three filter capacitors of the same type, and the 2202 has six filter capacitors which are smaller. Less obvious, as described in the “Negative Feedback Levels” section of the linked page on Rob Robinette's site, is the negative feedback resistor. By combining said section with an article on the Aiken Amps site (itself a treasure trove), I was able to determine that the 2202's negative feedback resistor is pretty much bang on the equivalent of the corrected negative feedback resistor value for the 2204 which Rob Robinette mentions. In both examples, the 2202 is a better 20W version of the 2203 than the 2204 was as a 50W version: those two differences contribute significantly to the 2203's reputation as a better amp than the 2204.

All of that made me smile for three reasons:
  1. I love geeking out.
  2. I love that such information is accessible.
  3. This proves that Nik truly understands the 2203 and the 2204.

Last edited:

ed lespaul

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
Clifford the Big Red Camper is out of winter hibernation and I ordered an RNA Music Tee with the new logo today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why did I think this was a bear that lives under your stairs who plays alot of CounterStrike/Call of Duty, but spends alot of time in one spot.

In other news, I've acted on an item on 'the list of things to buy and try if they are reasonably priced'. It'll be a marmite item for sure, but something I've wanted to try for a long time, and the price was too tempting.

Considering I started the year with the idea in the back of my head to 'buy less gear/guitars'...... I'm failing really well.

Why did I think this was a bear that lives under your stairs who plays alot of CounterStrike/Call of Duty, but spends alot of time in one spot.

In other news, I've acted on an item on 'the list of things to buy and try if they are reasonably priced'. It'll be a marmite item for sure, but something I've wanted to try for a long time, and the price was too tempting.

Considering I started the year with the idea in the back of my head to 'buy less gear/guitars'...... I'm failing really well.
Might as well shoot the moon at this point.

everfreetree

I... I like trees.
On the up side, I did a bunch of delayed work on my guitars, including fixing the sharp fret ends on my acoustic, as well as smoothing out a few sharp bits otherwise (sharp corners on bridge, sharp edge of pickguard, oddly, and sharp edges of nut), and doing a BUNCH of stuff to the Rotten Apple Strat (more fret work, fixing a couple things, polishing the frets properly, fixing pickup height using a wine cork cut into pieces, pencil graphite in the nut, etc).
Pleased about getting that done.

On the downside... it's after 4am and I haven't slept.
And I need to be up before 10.