What put a smile on your face today?

Robstafarian

The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufus”
Thanks to ThomasIV's GAS thread post about the Fender Pro Junior IV, I have recalled my former thought processes regarding low-power tube amps. That, in turn, led me to recall the Zvex Nano and start researching subminiature tubes (the Nano uses a pair of 6021 subminiature tubes). I have since found a number of quite intriguing subminiature tube amp projects, including adaptations of the Marshall 18W and the Trainwreck Express.

Though I am still wary of the dangers inherent to a high-voltage electronics hobby, I am quite tempted to try my hand.

bad alice

Easily distracted and...OHLOOKAGUITAR!!!
Ripley likes to climb into our drying cupboard and take a MASSIVE bite out of any vulnerable or exposed toilet rolls.
She does this to remind us HOW MUCH she *loves* us while we’re sitting on the loo thinking “FFS, how am I going to unroll THAT?!”
DEEDC9B5-1336-458F-8AA1-3B5D9099D9D7.jpeg
Yeah.
Uh huh.
Cheers Rips...
*Ripley meets my gaze and with silent imperviousness denies all knowledge*
89018FF2-85B3-49CF-9EB8-3FFB550C018C.jpeg
:ninja:

SemiCullen

Still haven't got the hang of Thursdays
Personally, I'm happy seeing some nice, cool rain on the weather report for a change, but mostly because it's been like 80F for 2-3 days, and that just ain't right. It's freakin Winter still, man... it ain't right!
Hopefully it actually cools things down for you. We got about a 10 degree dip, but it went right back up as soon as the rain passed.

Personally, I'm happy seeing some nice, cool rain on the weather report for a change, but mostly because it's been like 80F for 2-3 days, and that just ain't right. It's freakin Winter still, man... it ain't right!
Yeah, my gas bill was $35 this month. :D And that's just because I was a wuss some days and wanted it really toasty in here.

Robstafarian

The Good and Wise Call Me “Rufus”
I just realized that my current cab (an oversize, closed-back 1x12 loaded with a small-magnet Weber Gray Wolf, 96dB sensitivity) is 8.5dB less sensitive than my first cab (an oversize, open-back 2x12 loaded with an Eminence Wizard and a WGS HM75, 104.5dB combined sensitivity). Whereas my current cab is fed 20W, and I will probably order a weaker amp to replace it soon, my first cab was fed with 15W per speaker: the weaker amp I have in mind would see my new cab max at 103dB, which is 16dB quieter than my first cab's max.

I am very glad that I did not damage my hearing back then, and I am quite happy that I have learned more about sound pressure since. Were I not so happy with the Gray Wolf, which took me nearly two years to afford, I would lower the sensitivity another 2–3dB by using a Weber DT12 with a “British” cone and dust cap.

It makes sense that one of my “smile” posts reads like a GAS post, eh? :p

Realised my 2x8 cab is 16ohms, and the ext. cab for a C30 needs to be 16ohms...so I can hook this configuration. This is going to be interesting. Wonder what this is going to sound like.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
The answer to my own question is this sounds AWESOME together.

The 2x8 doesn't like the mids to be too OTT so when I back them off to about 4, and keep the treble and bass to 12 o'clock, the 2x8 response so well. And it puts out a fair amount low end too. Surprised (pleasantly so) how well these compliment each other.

Loving this configuration, the C30 is no longer gonna go up for sale, this setup sounds too good let it go :D