What metronomes do you use?

I’m really hoping to avoid the tired “to use or not to use” a metronome thread. Could the guys in the “don’t use a metronome” camp maybe sit this one out? LOL

I’m just curious what guys who DO use one use? Do you have a good app? Do you have the kind your teacher in the 70’s had? You know the wooden box that looks like some ancient talisman against evil?

I’ve used Guitar Pro software (I think that was the name) for years and would start a lick out really slow and have it increase the speed slightly each time the loop starts again and I’ve had a lot of success. However I have my old Mac tower and all my files and .mp3s, etc. are not setup right now because I’m moving into a new house (hopefully within the year) and don’t want to set it all up in my temporary house.

So I’m looking to see if someone knows of an app that can do this on my phone maybe?

mirage2101

I have a small keychain metronome that I use. But if I'm practicing I generally like drum tracks better for scales.
For practicing songs I use transcribe! to slow the song down far enough.

Sustainerplayer

On the edge of breakup
I use "drum machines" ... either on the phone or on the computer.

I find it easier and less stressing to hear some drum-like sounds instead of click, beep or whatever annoying noise metronomes makes.

beans & rice

I use "drum machines" ... either on the phone or on the computer.

I find it easier and less stressing to hear some drum-like sounds instead of click, beep or whatever annoying noise metronomes makes.
Soundbrenner has a dozen or more options, including kick, tom, snare, hi hat, wood block, etc. And you can set 3 different ones in any combo variation, or silence any individual beat that you want.