The 'What's your latest purchase' thread (or 'I'm a shameless consumer')

mirage2101

I bought a bikelight that’s supposed to work on magnetism. To find out my front wheel is steel after all so it doesn’t work.
Guess I’ll get that cheap mount for my petzl headlight that’s gathering dust anyway.

beans & rice

I bought the Bose Solo 5 Soundbar with a pretty good Black Friday deal. It should be here before the weekend. I've never really heard the small one. I only the big, expensive ones, which are awesome, but I do not want to pay that kind of money. I just want slightly better sound for music than my TV's speakers.
Yeah, the bedroom and den TVs were too quiet and lacked dynamics when we wanted to really get into a movie or show. I got a couple of cheap RCA soundbars a few years back, maybe $50 each, and they do the trick. They get super loud and have some basic options to tweak things. World of difference, adding a soundbar.

beans & rice

I bought tea... Good tea from ol' Harney and Sons.
And some sweet picks from Riff City's final Black Friday sale. (Buy 1, get 2 free...)
And, most importantly of all... Shoes.
Work shoes (for my new kitchen job), but nice work shoes.

I don't guess you've started the job yet to put these through their paces, but I'm curious about them and how they treat you. Obviously made for people moving around on their feet for hours in environments where traction is important. And that's what I need. Traction, cushioning, fatigue support and durability.
I've had a bitch of a time finding the right shoes. I finally landed on Brooks, and of those only one particular style works for me along with the ass-expensive inserts I'm planning to use forever. :D

I don't guess you've started the job yet to put these through their paces, but I'm curious about them and how they treat you. Obviously made for people moving around on their feet for hours in environments where traction is important. And that's what I need. Traction, cushioning, fatigue support and durability.
I've had a bitch of a time finding the right shoes. I finally landed on Brooks, and of those only one particular style works for me along with the ass-expensive inserts I'm planning to use forever. :D
I'll let you know after my first couple weeks of work. I should know if they're a hit or miss, by then.
I'll almost definitely end up with inserts in them, when I figure out the right kind to get.

SemiCullen

Still haven't got the hang of Thursdays
I *attempted* to buy a pair of the new Boss Waza Air wireless headphones, but apparently the place I ordered them from on Friday had already sold out before I placed my order. Now I'm grumpy and left wanting the thing even more.

SemiCullen

Still haven't got the hang of Thursdays
The Andertons team has given them a go - seems quite clever.

This is what sold me on them.

I liked the concept and I am curious to try them, but it's a bit expensive in my opinion.
So ... I can't play as loudly as I would like. Someday, maybe, but not in the foreseeable future. Playing with "regular" headphones is worse than playing at responsible volumes. I'm hoping this product is an 80% solution. If it comes close, I'll be happy.

Saw the video pop up the other day but didn't watch until now. That seems like a kickass device. I like the "virtual" amp location idea.
I've got new headphones waiting for me under the tree, and I sit in the same place to play all the time, so I'm not sure how relevant this is for me.
But I still want it. :bounce:

I put on headphones just now, when they tested the system with that binaural mic they have and it was pretty cool. Makes me laugh, because Rob turns into a kid every time he gets a guitar in his hands. :D

They also got to the question I had, about plugging into a pedal board or processor. So much more enticing now that I know you can do it. :p