The 'What's your latest purchase' thread (or 'I'm a shameless consumer')

Garythesnail

I may* have just committed to buying a vehicle that I don't need which is too old, has too few doors, an engine made by a manufacturer that no longer exists, that has too many cylinders and CCs, doesn't have enough MPGs or a stirring stick for gears, is too-many wheel drive although still not a real off-roader. They were all apparently supplied from the dealer with a manufacturer branded hair-drier in the boot (which is also too small). I plan on using this as a daily driver for 10,000 miles a year.

I think I'm doing it wrong.

I may* have just committed to buying a vehicle that I don't need which is too old, has too few doors, an engine made by a manufacturer that no longer exists, that has too many cylinders and CCs, doesn't have enough MPGs or a stirring stick for gears, is too-many wheel drive although still not a real off-roader. They were all apparently supplied from the dealer with a manufacturer branded hair-drier in the boot (which is also too small). I plan on using this as a daily driver for 10,000 miles a year.

We may need more details! ;)

Refresh the Car Thread!

beans & rice

I grabbed a set of aged Slick warmtone alnico II pickups a while back for the strat Mrs. Beans is painting and I REALLY want to put them in something to hear them now. The box just sits there on her painting table. Taunting me. I don't want to rush her, because she has fun with projects like that and she needs to like how it turns out.

But I REALLY want to hear them now! :p:D:oops::(

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I always really liked the D'Addario Chromatic Pedal Tuner. It looks so sleek. Found a great deal on a used one today so I ordered it to replace my Ibanez Big Mini tuner. I like the Ibanez, but sometimes it just doesn't react as quickly as I would like.

I also got a Music Nomad cleaning tool.

Magnus Pym

Grudges rot the soul

1568373321780.png

Strigidae

I like owls.
Got a nice student discount on the iPhone 11 Pro Max. Also picked up the same leather case I've used for my 6S Plus the last 4 years, love the way they wear down over the years. I still hate the way Apple keeps pushing the prices up on these but with new technology for next years models and my currency in free-fall they would only get more expensive.

IMG_2541-2SM.jpg
IMG_2547SM.jpg

Got a nice student discount on the iPhone 11 Pro Max. Also picked up the same leather case I've used for my 6S Plus the last 4 years, love the way they wear down over the years. I still hate the way Apple keeps pushing the prices up on these but with new technology for next years models and my currency in free-fall they would only get more expensive.

View attachment 37503
View attachment 37504
What colour you got? I got my midnight green non-max two weeks ago. Loving it.

Also, you really got a problem with opening mail... :p

What colour you got? I got my midnight green non-max two weeks ago. Loving it.

Also, you really got a problem with opening mail... :p
I switched from space gray to gold 4 years ago and always liked that look so decided to stick with it this time as well. I was considering the midnight green though mainly because the stainless steel looked fantastic on that one. :D

I read most of my mail through the 3D-touch (now long-press) preview or the topic line so most of it actually gets "read", just not opened. :oops:

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
I still haven't bought anything worth mentioning. I intended on getting my self something for my birthday last month but never got around to it. Tomorrow Kerry and I are hitting three huge guitar shops and I'm not opposed to leaving one of them with a little (or maybe even big) something for my self. Kerry is going in with all guns blazing, she could walk away with something pretty cool!

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Made an offer on Reverb that I did not think would be accepted. It got accepted. Mesa Boogie Throttle Box Drive incoming!

I'm very very happy with my Wampler Catapulp, but many of the sounds I like are made with Rectifiers (and also Rockerverbs and 5150's). I was curious, saw this, thought, why the hell not. Let's try it.