The 'What's your latest purchase' thread (or 'I'm a shameless consumer')

mirage2101

I bought a couple of things today.
A hue motion sensor, an off brand lightbulb that's compatible with hue, and a socket switch that's compatible with hue.
The result is that the light in my shed now turns on automatically. The lightbulb is cheaper then the hue ambient bulbs but it's just white light. Where the ambient bulbs can do a lot more tones from bright blueish white to pure white to yellow. So while I won't be using the cheaper bulbs in my living room for hallways and the shed it's perfect.
I'm really happy with the switch too. It means the design lamp we have in the living room that has a leds instead of a bulb is now turned on and off with all the other lights.

beans & rice

Dirt cheap and I love how it sounds.

joyoflang.jpg

And she was not cheap this week, but I love her a helluva lot more. :heart:

moomoo.jpg

Mitzi's had a cough the last couple of weeks, figured it was an allergy. But last weekend she sounded rough and was up in the middle of the night with a phlegmy sounding fit. Took her to the vet and she did a full-spectrum blood analysis and x-rays. :eek::confused:
Fortunately the little floor monkey is in fantastic health, if a bit overweight. :p She could lose about 3 pounds.
It wasn't a collapsed trachea, which is common in her breed, or heart disease or lung problems.
Vet says it's bronchitis brought on by allergies and prescribed a short-term steroid/antihistamine combo for her. It's good to know she's an otherwise healthy little pup. :) Also got a couple of air purifiers for the room she stays around most of the day and in the bedroom. Should also help.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Vacuum storage bags for the piles and piles of baby clothes that already don't fit anymore. We are not planning to have a second child, but in case of an accident or in case we change our minds we are not getting rid of the clothes yet, but they take up SO much space. We plan to put them in these bags, and put them in our attic.

Also, I want to buy Teletubbies stuff for my kid because he really likes the show. I can't seem to find any toys around here. Are Teletubbies yesterday's news already?

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I FOUND TELETUBBIES TOYS! I actually was able to find a complete set with all 4 of them, appropriate for my son's age. I think I'm more thrilled than he is that I was able to find them.

Oh...and I bought some extra guitar picks (Dunlop Jim Root picks, they are awesome) and a set of Dunlop 11-56 strings. I have the urge to tune a guitar to Drop B and learn some songs off the new Slipknot album. Haven't learned metal songs in years. It's been mostly pop and hardrock.

Neilybob100

Tickets to see -

Alice Cooper at the O2 next month.
Evil Scarecrow at a local venue in November.
Buck and Evan's ( Chris Buck) at a local venue next month.

Should be fun.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I tried to buy a new winter coat.. But iceland spoiled me. I'm looking at stores now that sell icelandic clothes brands. Those guys GET it..
I needed a new jacket for the fall. Water repellent, warm, but not too warm, because I have a good parka for that. After seeing the latest fashion and their prices I decided to dive into some sealed bins we stored a few years back. Found a good as new jacket I bought 8 years ago. Still fits. Looked good. Needless to say, I bought nothing and saved some cash.