The 'What's your latest purchase' thread (or 'I'm a shameless consumer')

Wade Garrett

I am the projectionist.
Cool. If it helps. The Durple has superfine pearl paint. Which POPS in bright sunlight. Doesn't affect the sound, but its super nice.
I've never taken the Durple outside
Aaaand I sent it all back. The mic needed too much gain. Buying the extra preamp didn't make sense cost wise. I will shop for something else soon. Also returned the cable as I don't need it now. Also returned the boom arm, because it wasn't that good. And also ended up returning the midi controller because my laptop couldn't handle it. It worked fi e to control tracks and make drumtracks. As soon as I went into synth sounds it started gettimg glitchy and crackly. My CPU couldn't handle it. I'm a bit demotivated by this round of gear....
Bad one bud.

Neilybob100

Recently acquired a old Epi goth explorer which is as cool as but the pickups suck! Sooo mushy.

I've just ordered a set of Iron Gear Hammer head. That should do the trick! This is gonna be my dropped tuned metal machine! Lots of chugging, I like chugging.

Damn, reading lots above I now have GAS for a Durple! Tsk. Though I do already own the Mandragora.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

beans & rice

Recently acquired a old Epi goth explorer which is as cool as but the pickups suck! Sooo mushy.

I've just ordered a set of Iron Gear Hammer head. That should do the trick! This is gonna be my dropped tuned metal machine! Lots of chugging, I like chugging.

Damn, reading lots above I now have GAS for a Durple! Tsk. Though I do already own the Mandragora.

Did you watch Lee & Pete getting chugging lessons from Ola? I've never seen either of them look so uncomfortable with a guitar in their hands. :D

a1mocka.jpg IJust got me this here Highway one , in Mocha , the colour is kind of growing on me , Its a 2002 model , really trying to get on with it , it kind of isnt me , I really am struggling to connect with it ,, And yes I have plugged it in lolol .What are your thoughts ? any other Hwat1 owners here , and thanks for letting me join.

beans & rice

I've fallen off the band wagon with Anderton videos. I'll catch up

Since they've been split up at home things have gotten boring. But they were back together today with a flap of plexiglass between them, playing 3 of the new Squier Paranormal guitars and having a ball.
But that chugging one was just a good bit of fun, nothing to sell at all.

I'll probably be biased as it will be the whole honeymoon period thing. The current Seymour Duncan Hyperions in my Ibanez AZ are already very very good and extremely clear. It's also an aesthetic thing as I wanted covered pick ups so the Ibanez looks a bit like a Norseman / Music man Sabre. I've never had covered pick ups before.

Hope they sound good as well!

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Oh I forgot...I bought a new USB hub. I had a powered USB C hub, but it would sometimes just not get detected, so I sent it back and ordered an Anker USB A hub made out of aluminum. It's nice and sturdy, non powered, but I rearranged my gear to accommodate. I also got a nice braided red USB C cable. It matched my Focusrite Scartlett Solo beautifully and it is now connected on the USB C port, leaving one USB A port for my Logitech Gaming Keyboard and one for the Hub. The Hub is host to my wireless mouse, printer, USB Stick and one spare.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I bought a Victory V4 Kraken preamp pedal and it is glorious. Anybody interested in buying a Wampler Catapulp, MXR Uni-Vibe and/or T-Rex Quint Machine? Check my Reverb. Shameless plug.

In addition, because I had to redo my pedalboard to fit the kraken I have ordered a small 2in - 2out patchbay to be able to use the Kraken in 4CM and get the cable out of my board in a neat way. I also had to buy a longer TRS patch cable for my Tap Tempo, which will no longer be next to my delay. I also bought cable ties to tie 3 20ft cables together to again keep things tidy. Lastly I found 2 Klotz La Grange 20ft cables on Amazon for over €20 less than they usually go for, so win!