The "What pissed you off today" thread

To be honest I'd rather they are realistic in their expectations. There are people trying to organize festivals this summer and are asking the government to cover their losses if they can't actually have the festival. I have news.. In the most optimistic planning all adults in the netherlands will have had the option to get a shot by oktober. There will be no festivals this summer..

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
To be honest I'd rather they are realistic in their expectations. There are people trying to organize festivals this summer and are asking the government to cover their losses if they can't actually have the festival. I have news.. In the most optimistic planning all adults in the netherlands will have had the option to get a shot by oktober. There will be no festivals this summer..
I have to say, I still don't get why all the shots are taking so long. My parents live on a tropical island that's known for taking it slow and not being organized. They already have an appointment for their first shot this week!

I have to say, I still don't get why all the shots are taking so long. My parents live on a tropical island that's known for taking it slow and not being organized. They already have an appointment for their first shot this week!
Well vaccines aren’t coming in with 35 million at once. I believe that’s the biggest limiting factor right now.
There is more though. Because the government wasn’t allowed to extend the state of emergency, they had to allow 3 companies to do an offer on the changes to the software needed to keep track of who is getting what vaccine. Takes weeks extra.

a couple of weeks ago a crisis manager was interviewed in the paper. He headed the Mexican flu vaccination project. And he said it didn’t make sense that the ministry of health was doing all the organizational work. They’re a rules department. They’re trying to invent the wheel. Just as the GGD is doing a lot but are overworked already.
He argued an external crisis manager with the military to execute the plans could’ve done the entire project in less then half the time.
And he actually did so with the Mexican flu. Except they had the vaccines in stock then.

So yeah it could go faster but stock, rules and regulations are holding things back

DrHankWanfordSnr

That's not new, its always been there.
Q's dad died at the weekend - which wasn't a surprise - we've been expecting it as wasn't going to get better after she saw him last year. Sadly - she won't be able to got to his funeral with the time it'd take to get her back to China. :(

On a brighter note - Em worked at Qizhi's C-19 vaccination clinic for work experience last week - and got vaccinated (any vaccine left at the end of the day goes to vaccinate anyone within range) - although they did have anti-vax protesters too so it was an up/down week.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
Somebody bid on my Hot Rod. We talked. We agreed on a price. He would let me know when. Then he doesn't say anything for days. I ask if he's still interested. He says:

Yes, but I can't convince my parents to drive me to pick the amp up.

Jeez....kids should be forbidden from bidding....

Somebody bid on my Hot Rod. We talked. We agreed on a price. He would let me know when. Then he doesn't say anything for days. I ask if he's still interested. He says:

Yes, but I can't convince my parents to drive me to pick the amp up.

Jeez....kids should be forbidden from bidding....
Oh God that reminds me of the guy who wanted to trade my mark V for a Friedman but wanted me to drive 2 hours (one way trip) for it. He was willing to meet me halfway but then I couldn’t try it.
You know what you little...

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
I'm honestly thinking...seeing as I kind of used the acoustic funds to buy the amp now, I'd technically have to sell my Hot Rod to buy an acoustic. Maybe I'll just see if I can trade it in somewhere. I have some shops I befriended. They might be able to help me out.

Tankman

Subtly not giving a F*ck
that or patience..
Selling my mark V was very sluggish too
Patience? What's that?

I honestly expected to sell it easier because it's a Hot Rod. I thought they'd be more popular. I will still explore the option to trade it in, but the deal needs to make sense to me. If they offer too little, then I'll just try and sell it myself. It's just an option.

Not pissed, but disappointed since admitting the truth to myself.
I don't enjoy playing my Jazzmaster. I love how it sounds, but it is not comfortable to hold or play. Just feels awkward and cumbersome. So, much as I want to tell myself to keep it, I think that it's going to depart in order to make way for something else. And I think it'll have to be another tele, with P90s. 2 of the guitars I've kept nearby on the 3-way stand for months are teles, both for how they sound and feel. I'd have a basic tele, HH and P90s. And that would cover the bases nicely.

Fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.....
Just checked the GC site and I see that less than a mile away they have a used G&L Tribute ASAT natural finish with P90s. Dagnabbit. I wasn't planning to go out today...

AdiHughes

Sessions, Lessons & Shred
Not pissed, but disappointed since admitting the truth to myself.
I don't enjoy playing my Jazzmaster. I love how it sounds, but it is not comfortable to hold or play. Just feels awkward and cumbersome. So, much as I want to tell myself to keep it, I think that it's going to depart in order to make way for something else. And I think it'll have to be another tele, with P90s. 2 of the guitars I've kept nearby on the 3-way stand for months are teles, both for how they sound and feel. I'd have a basic tele, HH and P90s. And that would cover the bases nicely.

Fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.....
Just checked the GC site and I see that less than a mile away they have a used G&L Tribute ASAT natural finish with P90s. Dagnabbit. I wasn't planning to go out today...
Go, it's essential!

Not to be. The trade offer was ridiculous, even for GC. And nothing new is coming in unless something goes out. That G&L must've just gone in yesterday, it wasn't even on the floor to try yet. Which might be good because not handling it means I didn't have to fight with myself about buying it outright if I liked it enough. :D

I haven't been in there in a long damn time. A bit more than half of their wall space was empty of guitars and basses. It was sad. :(